• No, you won't get fined. But you could end up owing a lot of tax. Only one parent can claim the child... you should have an agreement with the father about how that is going to work. Some couples alternate each year. The problem with your W2 is that you may not have had enough money withheld from your paycheck to cover your tax liability. That's not too unusual, it just means you have to pay the difference by April 15th, or file for an installment payment plan.

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy