• This is very simple. If she doesn't want to sell, you cannot sell. Her name is on the title; therefore, her signature and permission are needed in order to transfer the title to anyone else. Have you suggested having her buy you out?
  • Read AntigineRising's answer first, then... Depending on what state you are in and how long you have been together, you may be able to take her to court for division of your collective assets, just like a marriage ending in divorce. However, that can be time consuming and costly. And if the court forces the sale of the house, you will have to sell it quickly, which, in this market, may mean selling for below market value. Be careful.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy