• i feel that way especially since im living without a job for so long that ive learned how to live without one
      I'm sorry you're in that situation, but glad you're making the most of it! You are taking advantage of the social services in your area right?
    • pearllederman
      yes, i get adult financial which is money welfare gives you while applying for ssi, i also get foodstamps and medicaid too
    • ARTICFOX700
      I'm in the same boat it's a shame we can't meet
      Why can't you meet? Pearl, you're in the northwest, right? Fox, you're northeast, right? Meet in the middle!
    • ARTICFOX700
      We don't have enough to even get that far
      So email or text or call. At least you can get to know one another and keep each other company. And then, if you want Greyhound has reasonable rates especially if you purchase in advance and travel during the week. But Pearl may be shy.
  • I believe it was around when I was 15, got a job through my school back then it was a part time thing with the board of education. At the same time I was working on the boats on weekends, then I had college full time with the boats all summer and weekends during the winter. No time for life no time for sex no time for people but I had independence and was happy.
      What did you take in college?
  • I have pretty much been independent since I was 14 or 15. Back in the 1950s.
      I left home at 15, but was not providing for my own food clothing and shelter so in essence I was not independent.