• No, I believe it's lack of punishment and parental rules being set and enforced. Parents are the ones who aren't watching their kids or striking enough fear into their hearts to wait til they move out to have kids. Geez...
  • Yep, lack of education on how to prevent it. And, I can't prove it or give you any statistics. Those I have seen vary and it is a hot subject with lots of emotional content.
  • No, I believe that it is due to penetration.
  • Partly due to lack of education if the "can I get pregnant if I have oral sex?" questions we see on here are anything to go by. But, I think it is also down to parental example - parents should be ready to give advice to their kids before they start having sex. We might not like that fact that our kids have sex but that isn't going to stop it happening so we shold be ready to tell them how to stay safe. Also, society should make it as easy as possible for young people to get condoms etc without embarrassment so that gradually we remove all excuses for getting caught out.
  • .. im a teen, and trust me, we get TOO much education on the subject.. which probably makes us think we know everything.. hense forth, have sex. :) I believe its due too the parents :)
  • Not a lack of education, a lack of common sense and a lack of parental guidance. There is no reason in the world any girl should have an unplanned pregnancy with the exception of sex without consent.
  • I think that it's one of many contributing factors. Studies have shown that the biggest factor is the fathers role in the daughters life. Girls need that relationship and if it's not there they'll often go out and try to find it elsewhere.
  • Based on many of the pregnancy questions I've seen on here, lack of education definately plays a part - not as big a part as horny teens, but it contributes.
  • i think most of them are getting too much education about sex techniques and that makes them want to try them. they need more contraception advertising. for example, all the magazines that girls read are full of sex techniques and ways to have 'better' sex and not much about different ways to protect themselves from diseases and getting pregnant.
  • You win more hearts with honey than vinegar; parents love your kids so much they don't want to disappoint you. Love works so much better than punishment or threat. Teach them too, but love them first. School programs won't work because kids just don't buy into them. They always say, "I'm different. It won't happen to me." Parents need to make the difference.
  • It's obvious that lack of education is a huge factor. Do you still believe it isn't?
  • yaaaaaaaaaaaa i do think it is due lack of education
  • Yes. If their minds were occupied with achieving something in life, they would not be concentrating on boys.
  • No, probably a lack of brain mass. They can't see past their noses to see consequences of their actions. I'm certain they know their sex organs are for reproduction.
  • nope, its only because we tend to make mistakes everytime. education cant do much with this unless one should realise that its not right to have such a relation or its too early.