• they shouldnt be blaming them, no one can know everything
  • If you went to a bad school, you are going to have a disproportionately difficult time furthering your education. Colleges are going to pick higher qualified entrants, and entrants from better schools. It can be done, and has been done, but these kids are far behind the 8-ball. Not all public schools are the same. I went to a great one. Others go to sucky ones. If you go to a sucky one, yeah, you can blame your earlier education on lifetime struggles and give yourself an extra pat on the back for surpassing them.
    • Hardcore Conservative
      Most people won't do that. They'll complain about their education and not work hard to overcome the beginning disadvantage.
    • Subject 89P13
      10/19/17 True. I have no sympathy for people who don't make an effort and just whinge.
  • 9-29-2017 Oh, about 2500 years. The public school system was developed in ancient Greece to teach slaves how to do their jobs. Free children were educated by tutors at home or apprenticed to workmen. Did you ever wonder why a teacher is called a pedagogue? The word means 'foot leader'. It's because classes used to be conducted while walking outside. The only change to the slave school system in 2500 years is that modern classes are conducted while seated inside. The Underground History Of Public Education: http://archive.lewrockwell.com/gatto/gatto-uhae-1.html
  • Not very long!
  • We are in the era of "no personal responsibility." Nothing is ever your fault.
      Amen to that brother! you'd think at some point these people would want more for themselves and take personal responsibility for it.
    • Hardcore Conservative
      Most people are too ingrained now, Linda. You see it all around you. Everyday on the news. People crying about their lot in life and how they never deserve what they got. They want everything for free.
    • Hardcore Conservative
      It's like I tell my daughter when it comes to her high school sports. "You're going to get out of it what you put in to in. If you merely show up and don't work for it, you'll never win. Mediocre work produces mediocre results."
      You know it!
  • As long as I care to blame everything or anything on someone, on something or someone else. I could also blame private education my parents, my forth grade teacher or the three little pigs --if I so choose. None of which means any is rational.
      Or productive!
  • No one can blame "public education" for their lack of knowledge. There is enough success in the public education system for the opposite to be the case.