• They probably will. They are getting awfully close to it. http://world.honda.com/ASIMO/
  • I have got to be the most paranoid person on the planet. I would never allow anything that could potentially turn on my and take over my life to clean my house.
  • I truly believe they will, and I sincerely hope so.
  • They already have been. The Roomba vaccuuming system, the robotic waiter who can deliver drink and food items and the completely self-sufficient units in hospitals that can navigate elevators and hallways while delivering items are examples of robotic inventions. If you're talking androids and human-like robots, I imagine that's on the horizon. I'm all for it. Less work and human error, more relaxation.
  • well we can certainly hope, can't we? ;-)
  • maybe in the future they will be made
  • I hope not because if robots can do their own maintenence then what will the rest of us do? I mean people who lose their jobs to machines can get a new job maintaning that machine, but if the machine maintaned itself then there is no work for a person.
  • I hope they do, I would like to have a robot helping around the house.
  • They already are. But just like humans - they don't do it well all the time