• If you have a good reason to move, you can apply to have the gain prorated for the time you lived there. For example, if you lived there one year, you would be exempt 12/24th or 1/2 the capital gain. You do have to apply for this and get approval. Sounds like you have a good reason.
  • Ask Donald Trump. He supposedly filed for bankruptcy 7 times and for a while hasn't payed any taxes.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy