• It's not about individuals making promises at all. The problem is people imagining it is about that, when really, it's about parties. And we shouldn't have parties. It only results in organized deceit, and encouraging people to enteam as "us versus them" imaginarily.
      So is that a no?
    • Mr PantsFellDown
      I'm saying people make the mistake of thinking leadership is about judging the individual running, when really it isnt about that individual at all, he's just a figurehead. It's the agenda of the party you'll be allowing by voting for him that you have to worry about.
  • Maybe not 'lie detector tests' but definitely 'random drug tests'. Most illicit drug usages within the US are done by White affluent males although they are the least criminalized. So you can't really blame them if they don't make too much sense with their ways, words, ideas, etc...
  • wouldnt be a bad idea
  • Lie detector tests are bunkum: they have no scientific basis. As most politicians are former lawyers, they know this fact well....
  • probably but i dont think it will help
  • No because we know they lie all the time.
  • There would be a lot more comments like this: I don't recall..... I don't recall......... Otherwise most would peg the meter.
  • They are such professional lairs they would fool the lie detector.