• Perhaps it is a tribute. You know, sometimes a well known band likes an unknown band, and covers one of their songs in order to increase the other band's popularity.
  • Sometimes the original is not very good. Sometimes they are updating the story or have a slightly different take on it. Sometimes they just want something to put on the market. For music, I think it is most likely just the fact that the person/band likes the song and would like to do it with their own style or bring it back into the spotlight. And sometimes the original is just not very good.
  • Without wanting to rain opprobrium down upon me, most pop music isn't that great in the first place. A remake often takes a creaky oldie and makes it hip once again (for a whole two months). I can often dig it. As for movies...they usually screw it all up. It's one thing to restate a song and another to re-imagine a whole movie. AND, while I'm opinionizing, taking a television show from a past decade and shoe-horning it into a movie is a certain recipe for FLOP and CRAP.
  • BECAUSE LIFE NEEDS TO BE REMADE EVEN. CREATIVITY CAN BE OPEN TO PROTEERS YET IT'S MORE OPEN TO THE CREATORS FOR WHOM "GOOD ENOUGH" MEAN NOT THE BEST!
  • A lack of imagination, but then again one or two have in fact improved from the original, not many!
  • Probably to make stories more interesting with modern facilities and music more lively according to need of generation but ultimately it is all to get profit and fame sometimes it suceed and sometimes it fail
  • As fans, a tribute, money or just correcting imperfections.
  • Well, sometimes putting a different spin on a story or music, gives new insight, when it is done well that is.
  • I wouldn't watch many movies, if They didn't remake Them. And I wouldn't know much music, if they didn't remake it. Remixes are sometimes better than originals. (IMO) Or it just brings something completely different. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBDVarvFqYI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59G67qq19e0