• well I know I know jahova witnesses don't, if I recall correctly they don't believe the second coming of christ has happened yet. but i could be wrong...
  • some baptist conservative extremists do not celebrate christmas because they consider it to be 'worldly'
  • Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas or other religious holidays (besides weddings, anniversaries and funerals), because they believe that they descend from false religions in the past. Many Christian holidays were created to coincide with ancient pagan religions in order to facilitate the transition of followers of those religions to Christianity. Jehovah's Witnesses believe very strongly that their religion is the one true religion and that mixing of religions is against the bible and the will of Jehovah. This is why they don't celebrate holidays that they consider to be derived from other "false religions." They do, however, believe that Jesus was created by Jehovah, which makes them Christians.
  • The early christians were split on the idea of December 25th as the birth of Christ. Some observed it while other more traditional believers did not. Today, Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas. Other more worldly religions celebrate Christmas on December 25th even though it came about from the assimilation of pagan practice and holidays.
  • I'm not sure if Messianic Jews are considered Christian, or Jewish, but they don't celebrate Christmas.
  • Although, I don't consider them inside the realm of "Christian" - there are Jehoviah Witnesses that do not celebrate Christmas, Easter or birthdays. Does that help?
  • Jehovah's Witnesses. The Christmas celebration was from Saturnalia, a pagan holiday, and Easter was from the rituals to do with Astarte and other pagan rites/holidays.
  • Who do you think put the "Christ" in Christmas?
  • Well if you want to get technical... Christmas is actually a pagan practice-cross over, as is easter and every other holiday practised by the Roman Catholic church of pagan "conform or die." intergrated religious ritual.
  • Christmas is celebrated by the whole of Christianity, this would suppose about 2+ billion people around the globe. Christmas is also celebrated by many non-Christians as a secular, cultural festival. The holiday is widely celebrated including in the United States, where it is celebrated by 96% of the population. Because gift-giving and several other aspects of the holiday involve heightened economic activity among both Christians and non-Christians, Christmas has become a major event for many retailers. In other words it has become a commercial holiday reason why some Christian churches have changed their celebrations which exclude expensive gifts and only the children get some gifts. Roman Catholics celebrate Christmas in their homes with their families and a Nativity setting, midnight mass, dinner at home and a lot of religious music. Food is also prepared to hand out to the poor if they ring the bell and some others go to the streets to give them the food, clothes and blankets. The use of Christmas trees, Santa Klaus and the likes are not being used any more.
  • As already mentioned, Jehovah Witnesses are one and they have every much of a right to claim the title "christian" as anyone else today. I know people from several denominations who don't celebrate it even though their denomination does. The early followers of Christ (the ones who have the best claim to the title "christian") would have no idea what christmas is , but they would be very familiar wit hthe pagan holidays that spawned the holiday.
  • Many Hispanic Christians celebrate la dia de los Reyes (3 kings day) instead of Christmas
  • Jehovah's Witness. I don't think they celebrate any holidays. What a sad life.
  • No church should celebrate (or observe) Christmas. Since the Bible is our guide, we have to ask ourselves the following questions. What New Testament churches celebrated Christmas? NONE. What was the commandment given by God to celebrate Christmas? NONE. Which of the disciples, apostles, and so forth celebrated Christmas? NONE. Now we know that it's not scriptural to celebrate Christmas, but many churches ignore this. Fortunately, there are a few Baptist churches (independent, sovereign grace) that don't celebrate Christmas and I thank the Lord for them.
  • Yes, however it seems to be more a fellowship's leading rather than denominational. For example, Messianic and some of the Pentecostal groups do not. My family and I do not celebrate these days, but instead try to celebrate the spirit of the biblical feast days which God appointed in the Torah. I do not, however, think it is right for me to condemn someone for celebrating these days. We are all in different stages of our growing in Christ. It is the Lord who will lead us. It wasn't all that long ago when I pastored a fellowship allowing the celebration of traditional holidays. My family and I wrestled with this for a good while before we felt led to remove them from our lives.
  • The 7th day adventist donot... becuase Christmas is a pagen holiday. December 25th is Horus' birthday, which was combined with christians "Jesus' birthday" Even though it wasnt in that month or near that time. They celebrate the passover. No christmas.
  • Yes there are. The Seventh-Day Adventists as a church do not celebrate Xmas. They prefer to leave this to the individual to decide what exactly are they clinging to, the Bible or man-made traditions. Also, the Jehovah's Witness do not celebrate Xmas either. The JW's are strict with their members. Whereas, the SDA church encourages their members to make wise decisions as a spiritual family. 2 Thessalonians 3:15 "Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother."
  • I guess so, they don't like a Xmas birth!