by sharif on September 30th, 2008

sharif

Question

Help answer this question below.

Out of the blue my car wont allow me to switch gears ...i parked it ran in the house came back out started it up but the gear shift wont budge.....help!!!!!

• Like
  • Report

Answers

Answers. 3 helpful answers below.

• by bagicide stayed 10 months too long on September 30th, 2008

bagicide stayed 10 months too long

If it is a stick shift, check to see if it is a hydraulic clutch and if so, is the slave cylinder dry?

• Like
    • Report

No comments. Post one | Permalink

• by nickadair on September 30th, 2008

nickadair

are you on a hill? Sometimes the wieght of the vehicle being put on the transmission will "lock" it in park... either rock the car, or just pull hard... not too hard to break it though. Let us know if you get it fixed. :)

No comments. Post one | Permalink

• by Morg the Army wife on September 30th, 2008

Morg the Army wife

Is your car automatic or standard?

And were there any problems prior to this sudden refusal to allow you to switch gears?

Did you check your brake?

No comments. Post one | Permalink

Want to attach an image to your answer? Click here.

Did this answer your question? If not, then ask a new question or create a poll.

You're reading Out of the blue my car wont allow me to switch gears ...i parked it ran in the house came back out started it up but the gear shift wont budge.....help!!!!!

Follow us on Facebook!

Related Ads