• Yes it is a choice and read the book to find out.
    • pugwashjw65
      I have...thoroughly...and it does not teach about a separate ' soul'
  • I believe that my body and soul discontinue at death.
    • pugwashjw65
      They are not separate...they are one and the same. see my comment and scriptural support.
  • Yeah i guess belief in God is a choice, people choose to believe and people choose not too...and some even choose to be confused. I don't know about religions convention (seems like everyone's convinced everyone else is going to hell) but if you ask me what happens to your soul i would say the same thing that happens to everyone else's when we die. If you want to believe that's cool but if you can't convince yourself then that's just it...don't force belief on yourself it will just end up turning into doubt, we will all find out the answers in due time, but in the meanwhile try to have the best life and live how you see fit (as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else haha)
  • Wanting to believe and believing are two differant things, so if you wanted to believe, but still dont, then it doesnt matter if you wanted to or if you were in total denial, the only thing that matters is confessing and believing, not wanting to believe. Having said that, if you believe, you will join God in Heaven, but if you do not, you will be sent to Hell.
  • God is tenderness. He understands all our human foibles including trying to understand through our rational mental capablilities. I truly believe that when you are ready, God appears. You may be looking for God, but expecting to see God on your terms. He may be waving a huge banner right in front of your eyes but you don't yet know how to look. Try this. Pray (it took me 20 years but I swear its worth it and it could only take one second if you are in tune with this) and ask God to open you up to see Him. Tell Him, dear God I don't know what I need to do to see YOU please show me. Get quiet. Listen to the promtings that your conscience gives. You may feel an urge to maybe write down your thoughts. When I was in my early 30's I really started my inner search. Keep asking, keep praying. Someone in your life may die and out of that suffering many people see God for the first time. Pain is not necessarily the route God will take with you, but I know that if you are sincere, you will find Him. Finally, and I cannot stress this enough, keep an open mind. Ask Him, He is here always.
  • You are on the right path for yourself. No one should "believe" what other people are saying. One should search for truth. If any of that truth is missing, you have not found what you are looking for. You can start by asking God to guide you. You can have loads of patience and also an open mind to the idea that maybe you are not looking for God as much as answers to what you think God is. "Like, there cannot be a God with all the suffering", means you have not found an answer as to why. Not that God doesn't exist.
    • pugwashjw65
      You should believe in what the scriptures ACTUALLY teach.
  • No, believing is not a choice. You can choose to ignore evidence and you can choose to not ask questions, but you either believe or you don't.
  • Yes, belief in God is a choice. That's why the Bible says there are two places where your soul can go when you leave this world: HEAVEN OR HELL. ANyone who believes in JESUS CHRIST will be saved. God IS REAL. Look around you...at nature. Do you see those trees outside that were made for you to breathe in H2O? Perfect symmetrical snowflakes during the winters? Rain to water crops back in the farms that sell your food in the supermarkets?Food (veggies and fruits) and water available for all your needs? THe world was created for us by God, and he is perfect. Read the Bible. It will eliminate your doubts.
  • Believe it or not. But try to define it at least once will help you make your choice. Lots of people just blindly believe in a super human God as depicted by all popular religion or religiuos masters who sell their religion for a living. What if God is just lying within you or for that matter in everybody.
  • Even so-called believers cannot prove that they DO believe in God.. IF He does exist. Believing in God is not a choice; to say that you do or do not believe is a choice; but to say you believe but cannot demonstrate and prove that you believe- then we are all agnostics or atheists until someone does find a way to prove that they actually do believe.
  • Belief isn't a choice at all, either the evidence convinces you one way or the other. Fear of hell isn't enough to believe, the evidence has to convince you. The only choice you have is to repress what you actually believe and lie to yourself. Hell is what awaits such people according to the bible, I personally am an atheist.
  • Presumably the question is a result of a growing number of people who no longer self identify as Christians or religious. I attribute this as intellectual expansion and ability to engage in critical thinking. Part of critical thinking is disbelieving that which cannot be proven. I believe that is a result of the long held Christian (especially Evangelical) practice of identifying anything one doesn't like as being evil or against God. So, in order to support one's own preferences, Evangelicals simply twist or manufacturer reasons that the preference is specifically in support of God or (more commonly) that NOT agreeing with the preferences is evil, sinful, and against God. Some Christians have played fast and loose with this practice for at least a couple hundred years and people are gaining confidence via critical thinking to say, “Hey, that doesn’t make sense and it's not true”.
  • You could say disbelief in God is a disability. They are slaves to doubt and there is no easy cure for them.
  • Depends what religion you belong to.
  • i think so, thats up to god what happens to you
  • God Exists within you as you. You are not separate from God... When ego exists you think you are separate from God... When Ego dissolves you can see that you are one with God.
  • What does Jehovah say about it in his book...??? (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun. (Ecclesiastes 9:10) Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going. Forget about what religions say..all but one ARE FALSE... Only the Bible is the truth...So what does your Bible say????
  • thats up to god what happens, ask him that question
    • pugwashjw65
      His answer is in writing...in scripture.
  • Your " soul " is your body, and not something extra... We were created ' living' souls.... (Ezekiel 18:4) Look! All the souls