• Who is the Almighty God in Revelation 1:8?
    • pugwashjw65
      (Revelation 1:18) and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave. This is NOT almighty God...but is Jesus... He has the ' keys' of death and the grave...It is his sacrifice that has PAID to have death removed from mankind. and everything is under the jurisdiction of his father in heaven...Jehovah... (Revelation 20:1-3) And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven with the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2 He seized the dragon, the original serpent, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for 1,000 years. 3 And he hurled him into the abyss and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not mislead the nations anymore until the 1,000 years were ended. After this he must be released for a little while. Jehovah never leaves heaven...but Jesus, as an angel, THE archangel...will be doing so... (Revelation 6:2) And I saw, and look! a white horse, and the one seated on it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went out conquering and to complete his conquest. So WHO gave Jesus the crown [ as King ] It was Jehovah.. And unless Jehovah is NAMED, there remains confusion...as to WHO is being spoken about.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Revelation 1:8 speaks of the Almighty God. Revelation 1:8 "I Am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Whether you like hearing that Jesus is the Almighty God or not, this is what Scripture teaches. It couldn't be any clearer in verse 17 and 18 which define Jesus: Revelation 1:17-18 "And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; [I Am the First and the Last]: 18 I Am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I Am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Who gave Jesus the crown? The Father and the Son share the same glory. What the Father does, the Son does likewise. John 5:19 "Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He seeth the Father do: for what things soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise."
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Jenny... your last comment does not prove that Jesus and Jehovah are the one identity.. Jehovah SENT Jesus to us... At least six scriptures use the word " sent'. No one " sends" themselves...
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      When we look at the word "sent," we couldn't expect the Father to come in all His glory. If that was the case, He would consume the whole Earth. We have to use some analogy here.
    • pugwashjw65
      Jehovah does not have TWO identities...that would only be confusing... To have two plus considering the holy spirit...not ghost...to be a third only helps the false trinity teaching.. by the RCC. which is a ploy of Satan......to take glory away from Jehovah...by reducing it... I look forward to your reaction...
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      I totally understand what the Jehovah's Witness teach, but there can only be ONE identity who shares the same glory with the Father.
    • ReiSan
      The Bible is merely very poor fiction. It is no better than Quran, Torah, Book of Mormon, Eddas, Upanishads, Vedas, Tao Te Ching, Kojiki, Homeric Hymns and other allegedly sacred writings. Do we have Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh Day Adventists arguing? Both are cults denounced by Christians. It is hilarious to see Bible thumpers cannot agree whether Jesus is God or not. They cerry pick verses. The Bible has many contradictions, so someone can have quite different ideas about it from someone else when both study it.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      ReiSan, quote: "The Bible is merely very poor fiction." You can't prove the Bible is fiction, and it is actually accurate compared to the other religious books that are about hate. The Old Testament was a schoolmaster for the Jews, but the New Testament represents forgiveness. Quote: "It is hilarious to see Bible thumpers cannot agree whether Jesus is God or not." Scripture teaches that Jesus never fell from the glory of God. Again, we have to use some analogy here.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      ReiSan, quote: "Both are cults denounced by Christians." They are denounced by Christendom whose practices are based on opinions and not Scripture. The Jehovah's Witness and the SDA church are a minority. From your views, you also can't prove the Seventh-Day Adventists are a cult.
    • pugwashjw65
      The ONLY group that has Jehoah's approval is the one that is being obedient...to scripture... (Matthew 28:19, 20) Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.? No one BUT the J.W's do this...So it can be the only one with approval... even though some cannot do this due to ill health, at least ALL do try...in various ways Even so claimed ' Christians' fail in this regard...The direction was to ALL members of a group, and not just the ' clergy' class.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      pugs, I agree, obedience is necessary to have God's approval. The Seventh-Day Adventists are instructed to go door-to-door and make disciples. You said it yourself in another comment: some SDA members came knocking at your door. Whether you agree with them or not, the importance is that they stopped by.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Jenny...I stated it was the Mormons who came, not SDA... And one small point...the SDA totally ban alcohol...Jesus did not...turning water to wine for the benefit of the wedding guests...So they are not being true to scripture...not to get drunk, but for enjoyment... Who would join any religion that bans all fun...WE have lots...but not through drunkenness.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Hello pugs, you must have mentioned the Mormons in another question. To your small point: ancient Israelites mainly drank grape juice. The Bible displays a "certain ambiguity" about wine. At times approving it and at times condemning it. I drink wine myself. Drinking wine with moderation is not a sin.
  • The name is one that is spoke in reverence: Rubil alamin. Translates roughly into English as "Lord of The Worlds". Seeing as there is more than one world in the universe.
    • pugwashjw65
      Is this an Islamic teaching...references required.
  • In Japan, the supreme deity is Amaterasu Goddess of the Sun. In Chinese Shenism, the supreme deity is Yu Ti the Jade Emperor of Tian (Heaven). In India, there are three top gods: Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma. Other #1 gods include Zeus, Jove, Odin, Enki, Amon, Ra, Ahuramazda, Asshur, Marduk, etc., etc.! The Christian deity is God in English, YHWH in Hebrew, Shangdi in Mandarin, Diyos in Filipino, Dieu in French, Gott in German, Dio in Italian, Kami in Japanese, Hananim in Korean, Deus in Latin and Portuguese, Bog in Russian, Dios in Spanish, Tanri in Turkish, Thien chua in Vietnamese, etc.!
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Those so-called gods you mentioned do not hold water when compared to the God of the Bible. Prophetic passages appear widely distributed throughout biblical narrative. Some prophecies in the Bible are conditions with the conditions either implicitly assumed or explicitly stated. Nowhere can you prove one prophecy from those other religious characters.
  • Ps. 83:18 says, May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth. Philippians 2:5-11 tells us, Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in God
  • Exodus 3:14 after Moses asked God who do I say sent me? God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.
  • psalms 83:18 tells us that almighty God name is JEHOVAH.
  • Read the Exodus. If your name is Joe and I ask, What is your name? what shall I say to the people? You would say Joe, followed by: Joe has sent me to you. That is the message I will tell the people.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Take note: if I change your name from Joe to John Doe, then I would be misusing your name.
  • In the New Testament Lord Jesus appears 115 times. In one of those (at least) Lord is translated Jehovah. That verse then can read Jehovah Jesus... he is God, the second person of The trinity.
  • I think its Yahweh . Adonai in Hebrew means LORD. Hashem translate to Holy Name. Jesus said that before Abraham I am. Therefore he said he was the G-d of the Old Testament.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Mugwort..Jesus was in existence , not as a man, but as a spiritual person, being the very first of Jehovah's creations... Proverbs 8: 22-31... look it up in any translation... It clearly separates Jesus [ in heaven as Michael ] from Jehovah. And this G-D business... It is Jehovah's title and should be used as it is throughout scripture...not reduced in any way.
    • Koala 987
      Hogwash.
    • Koala 987
      How do you know those verses speak of Christ,,,? I highly doubt it.
    • Koala 987
      Especially verse 31
    • mugwort
      Pugsashjv Does JV short for Jehovah's Witness? I don't agree with their theology I believe in your right to believe whatever you want.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      pugs, it is funny how you tell other people to "look it up" as if you speak nothing but the truth. Proverbs chapter 8 refers to Lady Wisdom. Start reading at the beginning of the chapter were a she and her are mentioned. Nowhere in Scripture will you find Michael is God's son in Heaven.