• Nerd Alert!
      Guilty :'( (slumps dejectedly)
  • The same way a mosquito being a tiny insect is big news and the worlds biggest killer.
  • ....And this changes my life how, exactly ??
      Don't suppose it does Ice man. But this is something I've been fascinated with for years since the day I learned about it! How two Quantum particles can be so connected over such a great distance! Oh well, like I said I don't guess it does.
      Thank you for the explanation. It's now clear as mud to me, but I'm glad that you've gained some joy out of this big news. : )
      This is what Einstein called "spooky action at a distance" in 1930.
      I would agree with him.
  • Not sure how old this question is, but it's an interesting one. Since the experiment in the article, scientists have been able to entangle the metabolism of some cyanobacteria in the lab: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/schroedingers-bacterium-could-be-a-quantum-biology-milestone/ (here's the original paper: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/2399-6528/aae224/meta)
      I don't remember how long ago! Its an old one maybe a year or two ago? Its q_view/3503548. The one I asked today (8/13/19) is 3515364. So about 10,000 questions ago. Wow! But still the 'new AB' as in after it closed and reopened. Some of them are from before it closed. I wasn't here back then. I've only been here a few years. Anyway thanks for the links. I had not been looking in science news lately since no one here seemed to want to talk about it. I'm guessing these will probably be over my head, but I hope I remember to look at them later when my head is clearer. I'm in need of sleep ATM. But thank you for trying to feed my mind! Hopefully it will feast later. Even if I don't understand everything I'm sure I'll learn something! I'm no genius like my boys are, and don't have a lot of formal education, but I'm smarter than average so there is hope for me! But mostly I just barely grasp the concepts and stand in awe and amazement!
      I liked this part - It might be, for example, that “natural selection has come up with ways for living systems to naturally exploit quantum phenomena,”
  • i dont know much about it