• Well there were three, the biggest was not playing ball with my boss and he let me go after 13 years. I never was able to recover from that one. Second Had a chance back in College to marry the girl next door. She was really beautiful both families were waiting for me to pop the question but I chased her off , Third When horses were legal to gamble on they had this bet were you pick the first 2 horses in 2 different races in two different tracks, they must come in 1st and 2nd in both races, my father placed the bet cost me $2 then I changed my mind he said"I will give you the money because there closing " but no had him cancel the bet and for my troubles it came in and paid $10,000. Never lived that down.
      What do you mean by playing ball? How long ago was that? Why did you run her off? Was she not the one?
      Lol! I've missed you!
    • Anoname
      Shocking ! That really sparks something.
  • I have made several big mistakes and can't say one was any bigger than the other. I should have stayed in the Navy and had a good career and retirement. I shouldn't have married my three wives I would have been much better off. I should have never left Colorado because I would be living there now. Can't afford to move there now. there were more.
      I left the Navy for the sake of my family as well. But I do it again. I've often said I should never have gotten married at the age of 18. But I also realize if I hadn't I might not have my son. And I chose to live in Alabama first because it's where my son's father was from and it was his home and secondly after I got divorced my son said that this was home to him so I stayed here because it was his home. Now I'm here without either one of them and it's my home.
      Children suffer in so many ways from the mistakes parents make. Too many of us enter a marriage for the wrong reasons often ending in divorce. I am guilty of this. Like you my daughter is estranged from me. We have not been close since she was 6 years old she is now 50. I well understand your plight.