• I know one side, but my mother has been digging around the other side for the last 20 years. So far she has traced her side back 250 years but it's getting really spread out and harder to follow.
      I've only just started, but thought it was really cool when I found a photo of my mother's 9th grade class online! I also learned my paternal grandfather had two more siblings I never knew about from a census. I look forward to learning more!
      Oh, you didn't say where your heritage is from.
      Europe.
      Me too
  • ive lived my whole life on uranus where i was born my father was born on uranus his father was born on beetlegeuse and his mom in the andromeda galaxy my mom was born on venus her mom was born in the town of Mianus Connecticut on planet earth and her father born in the whirlpool galaxy
      I hear a Ford Galaxie was responsible for my existence.
      Lol
  • Viking on my fathers side. Vikings discovered America - NOT Columbus. On my mothers side I'm American Indian. No matter how you look at it my family was here first. Everyone else - GET OUT. Except Linda of course.
      But my ancestors were probably the evil greedy bastards who stole your land and decimated your people! (Hangs head in shame) I'm very thankful to know you, and I apologize for the behavior of my ancestors.
  • I was a dumped baby. I got as far as finding out who the sperm donor and incubator was. That was enough for me, I don't want to know any more.
      I can understand that. For a long time I wasn't interested in doing my genealogy because I didn't want to be a part of the family that gave birth to me. But your birth parents are not your family. Have you considered doing the genealogy on your true family?
      I think it's awesome you were chosen and wanted by your true family!
    • Scotslass
      Growing up, I was passed between foster carers, so don't have a family.
      I'm sorry. Do you have your own family now?
  • 6-15-2017 I am descended from Old King Cole, the guy in the nursery rhyme. He was immortalized because he saved a lot of his people by entertaining Roman soldiers instead of trying to fight them. Being descended from royalty is not a big deal. European royal family members have always been so randy that anybody with white skin can probably trace ancestry to one or all families. It is not an accident that they call each other "cousin". And Genghis Khan laid so many women that any random person has 1 in 200 chance of being descended from him.
  • A professional genealogy expert traced my mother's ancestry back to 15th century Poland. While I can't be certain he could actually trace my mom's side of the family he was a professional genealogist. So I'm hedging he was right in his investigation OTOH I can trace my dad's side to his grandfather,my paternal grandfather in Romania.
  • not as much as id like to know