• Who said he was God? I thought "God" was his father. So for him, praying would be his means of talking to Dad?
      Many think when he said they were one he meant they were the same person. I believe he meant they were one in purpose and agreement.
    • Nick culloden
      Jesus is indeed Jehovah's son. 1 John 4:9 tells us this by saying how God sent his only -begotten son to die for our sins.
    • pugwashjw65
      Good point Linda...the TWO are in full agreement...that does not make them the one identity...I agree with you but I am NOT you...
  • The whole thing is Jesus is not God. He is the Son of God. They are one because you have to believe in the Holy Spirit and live like Jesus did to belong to God.
  • jesus is a prophet from the god not even his son. if jesus is the son of allah why didnt he has another son :?. there is just one god no kids no wife no father no mother only allah
      I respectfully disagree, but fully support your right to have and voice your own opinion.
    • karem722
      Thanks linda You are welcome 😊
  • Jesus was, God and man at the same time As in God is the Father Son and Holy Spirit. When Jesus was baptized His baptism and praying: both actions I view as His example for us. It is in the scriptures Jesus said John 14:9 you have seen me you have seen the Father in one another John 10:30 Jesus said I am the Father are one.
    • Jewels Vern
      John 4:22 "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel." Jesus didn't know the divine mystery. If Jesus had been God, John 4:22 would have been a lie, and God can not lie.
    • pugwashjw65
      One in thought, NOT one in identity. Like...WHO spoke out of heaven...(Mark 9:7) And a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud: ?This is my Son, the beloved. Listen to him.? A clear separation of TWO identities.
  • so He could resist temptations. Hebrews 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." He was able to better know the forces of temptations this way..
  • cause he was talking to his father
    • pugwashjw65
      Very good.. Two identities...separate...So what does this do to the beliefes of the main religions...Catholic and Islam...It renderds them simply UNTRUE. And as such they have to be a part of Satan's organization. No matter what they claim.
  • Please meditate, you will get to know all the answers of your questions
      I choose prayer over meditation. James 1:5 says if any of ye lack wisdom let him ask of God who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him.
    • Abha
      I have heard that meditation is the best form of prayer
      To each their own, I guess.
    • Abha
      Hmmm..... that`s fine.
  • Jesus had nothing to do with God. In fact, the "Christian" Jesus didn't exist. The Jewish Jesus did exist and his name would have been "Iseuos" or "Joshua" depending on if he spoke Greek or Hebrew (English had not been invented yet) This Jesus never called himself "divine" and neither did the half brothers of Jesus ever call him divine.
    • pugwashjw65
      Jesus had a LOT to do with Jehovah God...it was Jehovah who SENT him... (Matthew 10:40) ?Whoever receives you receives me also, and whoever receives me receives also the One who sent me. (John 8:18) I am one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.? FATHER WHO SENT ME...
  • Simply, Jesus is NOT almighty God himself...Jesus is the son.And Jesus prayed to his [ creating] father...Jehovah... (Exodus 6:3) And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them. (Proverbs 8:22-31) Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago
      is this the fifth time you've answered this question?
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Linda...and your sweet pic has appeared only ONCE???
      Not even one in the answers column.
  • Trio, like the Kingston trio, ever heard one sing by himself?
  • Jesus never said he was God. Jesus never believed in "trinity" either.
  • Linda...you know the answer...Jesus is the son, not almighty God himself...[ Jehovah ] (Exodus 6:3) And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them. When this was written, Jesus was unknown...even though he was existing in heaven alongside his father,... Proverbs 8: 22-31 I know I'm repeating myself but its for other's benefit...who may be reading this forum.
      How then do you account for the many times the Word of God came to Adam and Eve caring for them, protecting them, and even raising them from death in the "Forgotten Books of Eden" after they were removed from the Garden? or in the Book of the Cave of Treasures giving the history between Adam and Eve and Jesus Christ. And the Book of the Bee which gives much information about Jesus Christ.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Thinker... None of what you say is supported by scripture...And scripture is what I base all my comments on...So if any arguments arise, that's where I point folks to go...anything else is just opinion.
  • In a body we all forget something of the source from which we came, and so too Jesus. "These things I do and greater things shall ye do" does not put himself above us, religious interpreters do sometimes.
      I do because he never sinned and I do.
  • to talk to god,
  • The term ' "god" can be confusing...it is not a name but is a title...like ; sir' or ' mister'...Almighty God is Jehovah...Jesus is never referred to as ' almighty'. But Jesus IS 'a' god...A spiritual being... So is Satan... (2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. Satan is called 'a' god, but in no way can he be ' almighty God. Keep well, Linda...
  • Christians cannot agree about this. They disagree about lots of other vital points, so we have thousands of sects. The Bible is full of contradictions, so two people can look only at different verses and have opposing ideas. Believers have tunnel vision and can't realize that here are lots of contradictions in the Bible. To complicate matters, we have Islam who has its idea about Jesus and Jehovah's Witnesses who use a different Bible from Christians. Each group claims that only it's correct.
      The only contradictions in the Bible are from those who put it in today's word terms and not taking into account language and cultures have changed over the years since the Bible was written. If understood in the common languages and the understandings of those words used then there is no contradiction anywhere in the Bible.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi thinker...but the meanings remain...e.g. Thou shalt not kill = Do not kill... So if you have two scriptures from any two translations that diametrically oppose each other, I would like to see them.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Sandra...Can you cite any scripture from the [ J.W's ] NWT that is different from the old English KJV... THEN your claim about the NWT being different might be considered...A flat statement proves nothing.