• Who said he was God? I thought "God" was his father. So for him, praying would be his means of talking to Dad?
      Many think when he said they were one he meant they were the same person. I believe he meant they were one in purpose and agreement.
    • Nick culloden
      Jesus is indeed Jehovah's son. 1 John 4:9 tells us this by saying how God sent his only -begotten son to die for our sins.
    • pugwashjw65
      Good point Linda...the TWO are in full agreement...that does not make them the one identity...I agree with you but I am NOT you...
    • zwatcher
      jesus was phoning home to his pa
  • The whole thing is Jesus is not God. He is the Son of God. They are one because you have to believe in the Holy Spirit and live like Jesus did to belong to God.
  • Jesus was, God and man at the same time As in God is the Father Son and Holy Spirit. When Jesus was baptized His baptism and praying: both actions I view as His example for us. It is in the scriptures Jesus said John 14:9 you have seen me you have seen the Father in one another John 10:30 Jesus said I am the Father are one.
    • Jewels Vern
      John 4:22 "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." Ephesians 3:5 "Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel." Jesus didn't know the divine mystery. If Jesus had been God, John 4:22 would have been a lie, and God can not lie.
    • pugwashjw65
      One in thought, NOT one in identity. Like...WHO spoke out of heaven...(Mark 9:7) And a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud: ?This is my Son, the beloved. Listen to him.? A clear separation of TWO identities.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Jewels Vern, there is nothing wrong with John 4:22. In fact, the Father also worships the Son. Hebrews 1:8 "But unto the Son He saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy Kingdom."
  • so He could resist temptations. Hebrews 4:15 "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." He was able to better know the forces of temptations this way..
  • cause he was talking to his father
    • pugwashjw65
      Very good.. Two identities...separate...So what does this do to the beliefes of the main religions...Catholic and Islam...It renderds them simply UNTRUE. And as such they have to be a part of Satan's organization. No matter what they claim.
  • Please meditate, you will get to know all the answers of your questions
      I choose prayer over meditation. James 1:5 says if any of ye lack wisdom let him ask of God who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him.
    • Abha
      I have heard that meditation is the best form of prayer
      To each their own, I guess.
    • Abha
      Hmmm..... that`s fine.
  • Jesus had nothing to do with God. In fact, the "Christian" Jesus didn't exist. The Jewish Jesus did exist and his name would have been "Iseuos" or "Joshua" depending on if he spoke Greek or Hebrew (English had not been invented yet) This Jesus never called himself "divine" and neither did the half brothers of Jesus ever call him divine.
    • pugwashjw65
      Jesus had a LOT to do with Jehovah God...it was Jehovah who SENT him... (Matthew 10:40) ?Whoever receives you receives me also, and whoever receives me receives also the One who sent me. (John 8:18) I am one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.? FATHER WHO SENT ME...
  • Simply, Jesus is NOT almighty God himself...Jesus is the son.And Jesus prayed to his [ creating] father...Jehovah... (Exodus 6:3) And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them. (Proverbs 8:22-31) Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago
      is this the fifth time you've answered this question?
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Linda...and your sweet pic has appeared only ONCE???
      Not even one in the answers column.
  • Trio, like the Kingston trio, ever heard one sing by himself?
  • Jesus never said he was God. Jesus never believed in "trinity" either.
  • Linda...you know the answer...Jesus is the son, not almighty God himself...[ Jehovah ] (Exodus 6:3) And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as God Almighty, but with regard to my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them. When this was written, Jesus was unknown...even though he was existing in heaven alongside his father,... Proverbs 8: 22-31 I know I'm repeating myself but its for other's benefit...who may be reading this forum.
      How then do you account for the many times the Word of God came to Adam and Eve caring for them, protecting them, and even raising them from death in the "Forgotten Books of Eden" after they were removed from the Garden? or in the Book of the Cave of Treasures giving the history between Adam and Eve and Jesus Christ. And the Book of the Bee which gives much information about Jesus Christ.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Thinker... None of what you say is supported by scripture...And scripture is what I base all my comments on...So if any arguments arise, that's where I point folks to go...anything else is just opinion.
      No, but what what I say supports scripture. There were a number of books that were not included in the Bible that were considered. Many of those books are now available to read and study. A Christian who refuses to learn all they can about the Lord God, The Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are myopic and refuse to learn.
  • In a body we all forget something of the source from which we came, and so too Jesus. "These things I do and greater things shall ye do" does not put himself above us, religious interpreters do sometimes.
      I do because he never sinned and I do.
  • to talk to god,
  • The term ' "god" can be confusing...it is not a name but is a title...like ; sir' or ' mister'...Almighty God is Jehovah...Jesus is never referred to as ' almighty'. But Jesus IS 'a' god...A spiritual being... So is Satan... (2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. Satan is called 'a' god, but in no way can he be ' almighty God. Keep well, Linda...
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      You are incorrect. Revelation 19:15-16 and other passages refer to Jesus as the Almighty God.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Revelation 19:15-16 "And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And LORD Of LORDS."
    • pugwashjw65
      It is Jesus doing the ' smiting'. The sharp sword is not literal but is the word [ the Bible ] that Jehovah had written...and that Jesus promoted... He [ Jesus ] treaded the winepress OF almighty God...a clear separation... NOT ' of myself '. Jesus has been crowned ' King'. Someone superior has had to do this. (Revelation 6:2) And I saw, and look! a white horse, and the one seated on it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went out conquering and to complete his conquest. It is Jesus doing the destruction of wickedness...not Jehovah... Jesus is being directed by Jehovah...restoring good standards. ...
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      It takes LOGIC in order to smite the nations. There is no separation of the Almighty God when the Old Testament clearly speaks of who is doing the smiting. Isaiah 11:4 "He shall strike the ruthless with the rod of His mouth, and with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked."
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Quote: "Jesus has been crowned ' King'. Someone superior has had to do this." Not quite, Jesus does not have superiors. He is the King of Kings and LORD of LORDS by what He did on Earth. It is no surprise that Jesus is the express image of the Father.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Jenny...you cannot have it both ways... Why would Jesus even mention Jehovah if Jesus IS Jehovah...does not make sense... Jehovah is beyond being a king...and has to be superior to have the authority to even crown Jesus King...The " king of Kings" puts him above all EARTHLY Kings. And Lords... And he IS the image [ same type of personality ] AS HIS FATHER...A definite separation... And WHO spoke out of heaven when Jesus was baptized...certainly not himself. Mark 9:7...One of my favourites.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Hello pugs, the Bible teaches there are both ways. You have to think of the Heavenly Father, and what the Son did on Earth. You don't have any evidence to support Jesus is not God. Isaiah 11:4 and Revelation 19:15-16 go hand in hand to support my claims.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Quote: "Jehovah is beyond being a king..." Speaking of God's Kingdom, it takes a King to possess SUPREME POWER. Learn it from the scriptures: 1 Timothy 1:17 "Now to the King Eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Did you read that? Why would you deny the Bible and cling to the traditions of men?
  • Christians cannot agree about this. They disagree about lots of other vital points, so we have thousands of sects. The Bible is full of contradictions, so two people can look only at different verses and have opposing ideas. Believers have tunnel vision and can't realize that here are lots of contradictions in the Bible. To complicate matters, we have Islam who has its idea about Jesus and Jehovah's Witnesses who use a different Bible from Christians. Each group claims that only it's correct.
      The only contradictions in the Bible are from those who put it in today's word terms and not taking into account language and cultures have changed over the years since the Bible was written. If understood in the common languages and the understandings of those words used then there is no contradiction anywhere in the Bible.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi thinker...but the meanings remain...e.g. Thou shalt not kill = Do not kill... So if you have two scriptures from any two translations that diametrically oppose each other, I would like to see them.
    • pugwashjw65
      Hi Sandra...Can you cite any scripture from the [ J.W's ] NWT that is different from the old English KJV... THEN your claim about the NWT being different might be considered...A flat statement proves nothing.
      Read John 1:1 in the KJV then in the JW NWT and you will see the JW's consider the Word as "a" god not was God. Since JW's say "a god" it proves to me they worship many gods.
  • This is a great question. Jesus and God are two separate entities. At John 14:28, Jesus tells us that the Father is greater than I am. For more info on this subject please visit jworg.
    • Jenny_Rizzo
      Hi Nick, in John 14:28, we can all agree that the Spirit is greater than the flesh.
  • Jesus was a human being. By definition, a prayer is "talking to God the Father." Philippians 2:6-7 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:"
  • Jesus prayed as the Servant in human form as an example for us to pray. John 14:9 and John 10:30 Jesus said I and my Father are one. You either believe the scripture or you don't. After all it was the Holy Ghost who wrote the Bible through inspired men.
  • cause he was talking to his father, god, the son and the holy spirit are one
  • Jesus is the son of God.
  • Being fully God he was also fully man.
  • Jesus is the son Of God
  • He was the son of God and he prayed to his father