• I didn't even know the earth was that old, Ice man.
      Thank you & I'm not really an "expert", but I'm of the belief that the earth is much older than that. : )
      http://www.sciencealert.com/the-world-s-oldest-water-is-even-more-ancient-than-we-realised
  • I don't think it is. I think it's only 6000 years old -- at least that's what I was talk in my southern elementary school. 😤
      I welcome all comments Bill, and nobody appreciates a funny opinion more than I. But these guys are serious and have done extensive testing on the elements found in the water and have now concluded that it's at least 2 billion years old. I found a more recent scientific article, read it for yourself. http://www.sciencealert.com/the-world-s-oldest-water-is-even-more-ancient-than-we-realised
  • Do not trust scientists. The government poison our water supply.
    • Big beery belly
      We have follower of David Icke among us
  • 12-18-2016 That's awfully dum. D-U-M. Dum. That is spherically dum. I mean it's dum any way you look at it. Water is H2O -- two hydrogens and an oxygen. Nothing else. There is nothing in water that is affected by age. It is possible that the water contains crushed rock which does have a measurable age. But you can't find two scientists who agree on a reliable way to measure it.
      From your rocking chair you may dismiss it if you like. But as I said in an earlier comment - I'm not an expert, so I provided the link in question. It turns out that more than a few scientists have now agreed that the sample from a Northern mine, at a depth of around 3 kilometers is actually 2 billion years old.
      How's that for D-U-M .
    • Jewels Vern
      Scientists say really D-U-M things all the time. I found the article and they analyzed the gases. You can't measure the age of gases either, but from the exact mixture of gases they guessed at an age. There is no reason to assume that the water was as old as the gases, even if their guess was correct.
  • I wonder if the taste of water improves with age like wine..I bet a 2 billion year old bottle of Dom Perignon champagne for sale would fetch a market premium ;)
      Actually I'd bet it would taste like piss, as to who's piss ... I dunno - cuz there weren't any grape growers back then. : )
  • The elements of water formed at the Big Bang and water could have therefore formed from that time onwards. This is 18.2 Billon years.
      Yes that is correct. Unfortunately there are those, who think that the world is only 5 or 6 thousand years old.
  • billions of yrs old
      Yes !
  • Any individual water molecules may have existed since the dawn of Earth and have been used and recycled countless times. You could be drinking the same molecules of water as Napoleon, Nero, Nicodemus or Novak Djokovic, just to name a few.
      LOL I don't follow tennis, so Novak Djokovic had me doing a bit of research. An extra point for keeping me on my toes ! : ).
  • Well, my daughter thinks that the bottle of water she opens, goes bad after 24 hours.
    • we are dough 68
    • Hardcore Conservative
      Nah. Just using foul language.
    • we are dough 68
    • Hardcore Conservative
      I know, right?