• 12-08-2016 You do have a printed periodic table, right? You can get the information at but you really need your own printed copy to carry with you. It will be a primary reference for everything you do. There is a diagonal line, B-C, Si-P, Ge-As, Sb-Te, and Po-At. Elements to the left of the line are metals, meaning they lose an electron easily, elements to the right of the line are non-metals, and elements on the line are semiconductors. Each element listing has an atomic mass. That is pretty close to the number of protons plus the number of neutrons, averaged according to natural occurrence of all isotopes. That number of grams is "gram atomic mass". I never heard of "unified mass".

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy