Get your free Seek Rapture game today!
Click Here to Play Free
Ad
  • Holland for one.
  • In Holland it has been de-criminalized- if you were to light up a joint in the street or a park, there's a good chance you would still be arrested, but it is legally allowed witin the controlled environment of licensed "coffee shops". Several countries have laws similar to those in the UK where possesing a small amount of marijuana for personal use is not considered a criminal offence, but the large scale selling of it is. (Not sure how exactly the two are supposed to be mutually exclusive, but there we go.) There may be other countries where the smoking of it is entirely legal simply because bans never came into force in the first place (I have a suspicion that there are several Asian countries in this category, but my google check didn't throw up anything, so I wouldn't like to confirm it just yet),
  • In l985, my wife and I went to jamaica. while deboarding the plane, we were approached by 4 or 5 children, ages 7 to 10, and asked to buy hashish, right out in the open. i can only assume that marijuana is not illegal in jamaica. and........no, we did not buy any hashish, thank you.
  • In Canada it has been decriminalized. I'm not sure exactly what that means. Here is my understanding of the new law. Apparently you can have small amounts on your person and not get arrested, But once you are over a certain quantity you are considered to be selling it and that is against the law.
  • I have no idea about the law there, but in India it was smoked openly everywhere I went, also in Amsterdam there are something like 480 coffee shops in the city that are licensed to sell a variety of weed to be smoked there, or taken out. They even have menus for you to browse through.
  • In Australia, you can possess a small amount and grow a few plants. At least in WA, anyway.
  • According to Erowid: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_law.shtml "Australia # Cannabis laws state by state. Decriminalized in Western Australia & South Australia. Tasmania, Victoria, & Queensland policies involve ticketing for below 50 grams. Belgium # No amount of cannabis is legal to possess in Belgium, however possession of up to 3g of cannabis by adults, for personal use, is tolerated in Belgium. It is also said that 1 female plant is tolerated. Police will take the name of an individual in possession, but the Belgian state will not prosecute. We've been told that a new law to allow for medical use of cannabis has lead the police to be more forgiving about possession of small amounts of non-medicinal cannabis. FA tells us that there is no legal way to buy or import cannabis or its seeds. See ejustice.just.fgov.be (French only). (Thanks CG, FA. Aug 2006) Canada # Cannabis is schedule II in Canada (for more than 3 kg). Canada's cannabis control laws are spottily enforced, with the west coast (British Columbia) being well known for its high quality cannabis and low levels of enforcement. In 2002, Canada's federal government made several findings in favor of cannabis legalization and medical use approval. Although the status of medical cannabis is still in flux (sep 2002), the Canadian government has several times voiced its intention to support full medical use. Non-viable Cannabis seeds and Cannabis stalks (that do not include leaves, flowers, seeds or branches) are exempted. Busts in Canada continue, especially of larger growing and distribution operations. In July 2000, an Ontario Court of Appeal ruled against the Canadian law because it did not address medical necessity and on July 31, 2001 a new regulation was enacted by the cabinet which addressed medical use. In January 2003, a lower Ontario court ruled simple possession laws banning cannabis unconstitutional, although it is unclear what the long term implications of this might be. England # Cannabis is a Class C drug in Britain. Estonia # Cannabis is prohibited. According to joh, "Seeds are legal to sell but illegal to import and export." (Unconfirmed, thanks joh) India # Although India has a long history of the use of Cannabis, including involvement with religious traditions, it is illegal to grow or possess. In some areas, it is openly ignored by authorities. (Thanks Clude) Japan # Cannabis is prohibited under the Japanese Cannabis Control Act. [see also http://www.taima.org/en/law.htm] (Thanks embroglio). However, viable cannabis seeds are available in headshop as of June 2005, selling for Y1300-Y2500 (12-23 USD) each. Growing the seeds is illegal and the shops have warnings that the seeds are just curiosity samples and the shop will not answer questions about cultivation. (Unconfirmed) (Thanks s4m) Mexico # A new bill, passed by the Mexican Federal Legislature in late April 2006, has not yet been signed into law, but would decriminalize very small amounts of cannabis (under 5g) but would stiffen penalties for larger amounts and remove current discretion judges about the definition of "personal use amounts". See Senado.gob.mx (Spanish Language). Also see SignonSanDiego : Mexico Decriminalizes Drugs. from Cannabis is illegal in all forms in Mexico and possession can result in stiff fines and long jail sentences. Police can often be bribed on the spot and it is said that police plant cannabis on innocent bystanders near the U.S. border in order to solicit bribes from tourists. (Unconfirmed, thanks MW and JH) Netherlands # Although cannabis is technically illegal to possess and sell in the Netherlands, the government does not prosecute individuals (over 18) who smoke cannabis. Possession of less than 5 grams or growing of less than 5 plants will not be prosecuted. Certain cafes/coffeeshops are allowed to sell cannabis and hold 100 grams behind the counter and another 500 grams in the back. In March of 2003, the Dutch government changed the law to allow doctors to prescribe cannabis for medical purposes through pharmacies. BBC Sep 2003. Norway # Cannabis is illegal in all forms in Norway including possession and sale of seeds. (Thanks SJ) Pakistan / Peshawar # We received the following from a contributor: "In Peshawar and the northern parts of Pakistan, smoking Hash (called Charas here) is socially acceptable and even sold on an open market where the government has no power to intrude. You can be jailed for up to six months if you're caught with Charas in other parts of the country, but it's very very common to bribe the cops with as little as $5-20. Also, many shops have Charas behind the counter, but will not admit to it or sell it unless they know you. Most people who get caught here usually only do so because somebody tipped the cops. Otherwise getting caught for Charas possession is rare." [IM, May 2006] (Unconfirmed, thanks IM) See Drug Law : Pakistan. Poland # Possession of cannabis is illegal in Poland. Even small amounts (1g) are not tolerated and penalties can be high. Since Jun 2005 according to the new law, a new resocialization program for drug addicts has been formed as a alternative to putting young people in prison. Cannabis is still a public enemy treated the same way as 'hard drugs'. (Thanks RaN) Portugal # Cannabis is banned in Portugal in all its forms, however since 2000 consuming and buying small quantities of cannabis (as with all other illegal drugs) is not a crime, it is only punishable by a small fine. Further, in major cities, the police have a rather tolerant atittude towards cannabis consumption and it is largely ignored. Note that anyone found possessing quantities of cannabis more than considered typical for an average user in 10-days can be presumed to be a distributor and can be prosecuted and jailed. (Thanks J) Romania # According to a contributor: "Cannabis growing, possession or selling is prohibited. Seeds have no legal status (neither legal nor illegal). If you are caught with seeds they will take them and you will receive not more than a warning. Possession of small amounts (1-3 grams) is only punishable by a small fine (~ $150-200). For bigger quantities possession or for growing (only for personal use) you can stay 3 or 6 years in prison. If you sell cannabis you can take over 6 years in prison." (Unconfirmed, thanks exploziv_gbb) Sweden # Possession and sales are illegal in Sweden, but we do not have information about fines, punishements, or other details. If you have information about the legal status of this substance in any other country, please let us know." Hope this helps!
  • -Jamaica -The Netherlands -The USA {by medical prescription ONLY, for relief of nausea and vomiting associated to chemotheraphy treatment; for religious ritual purposes in Rastafarian places of reunion and/or worship} -Australia {some regions} -Holland {restricted to use in shops designated for that purpose} -Canada {small amounts of less than 3 grams for personal use by adults are legal} -In other planets {see image}
  • I don't know where it is legal but I know alot of people want a place here in the USA. Why don't we all just pick a place and move there. I get my kid through high school here in kansas, then I move to the most pot friendly place I can find in california. If we all do it we can make a home. The pilgrims made a home. They had very little to start with. You know the saying "If you build it they will come". Can you immagine living in a peacful friendly place where people like each other so much that crime actually dissapears. A place where all people find their useful place in the world. A place where if there is no use for you we will make a useful place for you. Just because we are all happy and like each other. We are spread to thin. We need to find a place and pull togather. We are not stupid, overwelmed maybe but not stupid. So meet me in california.
  • British Columbia and more specifically Vancouver has open pot smoking everywhere. Downtown has canabis cafes were you smoke pot as the cops walk by. Cops are told not to bust anybody with personal weed in thier possession. I love Vancouver!!!!!
  • In many areas it's tolerated, in others it's essentially legal for personal use. Then there are also areas where it is decriminalized. According to the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 61' it's illegal everywhere. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Convention_on_Narcotic_Drugs ¤ Image: *World-cannabis-laws: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:World-cannabis-laws.png Law enforcement differs, refer to the link below for up to date specifics - Broken down into cities, with prices and other useful info: http://www.webehigh.com/
  • As much as I dont care for wikipedia, here is some information on the legality of marijuana. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis
  • holland it is legal but only in certan parts of the city it has allso been decriminalized in parts of london i think this meens if you are cought with it you wont get a record but you might get a ticket and they will take it from but you better check the london one incase i am wrong
  • You need to go to Hollands capital Amsterdam, there you will find "cofee shops" where you legaly can buy and smoke marijuana..
  • whoever said its legal in canada is a retard
  • I know that in the capital of Australia (Canberra) your allowed to grow 2 plants and smoke cannabis in your own property.
  • holland and the netherlands are the same place
  • The Question: Countries is the "smoking of marijuanna legal" Not where it is de-crimmilized or ignored for small quanities. Here's why I ask - I get drug tested about every six months give or take 2-3 months. So if I want to return to the days of my youth and cop a buzz I need to find a country where it is truely legal. That way I go on vacation, if I test positive all I have to do is show I partaked legally and its not an issue. So where is smoking marijuanna truely legal?
  • I wish I could light up a joint in Dubai, U.A.E. These antidrug laws should be flushed down the toilet.
  • Amsterdam-netherlands
  • Amsterdam.
  • You should all be ashamed of yourselves. For the sake of your soul you should just replace marijuana with Jesus!
  • Seriously: We don't want to hear your religious rant, preach elsewhere.
  • Cannabis and Mushrooms grow wild in the hills of Nepal and Eastern Himalayas. While in Kathmandu, cannabis is prohibited, tourists are offered reasonable amounts at a few restaurants. Being an erst while country, wide use of cannabis and its derivative drink 'bhang' (made from its seeds - sumthing like a milkshake) is tolerated on shivratri - a hindu festival. Shamans are also allowed to use cannabis, considering their high level of spirituality (more like stonin capacity!!).Jai Nepal!!
  • In all countries it is almost always universally illegal due to Internation Narcotics law. However, there are a few countries where it is tolerated/decriminalized. In the USA the only places where it is very close to legal is California- Medical is legal, and small amounts are decriminalized, and most cops will let you go with a small amount. Alaska- Only state where it is legal, 4 Ounces or less in your own home or 28 plants, this is due to Alaska's Privacy clause in their constitution. Please note, despite being decriminalized, tolerated, and even legal in Alaska and other states, it if still Federally a Schedule 1 substance. Local and State Police will let you go, but, and I know its unlikely but National agencies, like DEA, FBI, can still arrest and try you, but for a couple ounces, its unlikely to happen.
  • india..netherlands..nepal n carribean countries
  • i think its not TECHNICALLY Legal in most countries. But in all my travelling, as long as your not being a retard about smoking, and you go into a private place for heavy blazing, you should be totally fine.
  • It's not legal in B.C. Canada But We smoke alot and its good Bud, Best in the world. I go to Cali too.