• I think it's if you have good faith and stay in God law. Some one who loves God.
      Jesus replaced God's Law with the Law of Love. Jesus Christ said He came not to nullify the law but to fulfill it. People do not understand the word "fulfill". If you fulfill and obligation you are no longer subject to that obligation. If you buy a car and make payments on it until the loan is paid off you have fulfilled that obligation. Do you continue to make payments on the car after you have paid it off? Of course not. No mortal person could ever pay off the debt owed to God's Old Testament Law. God gave the 10 Commandments and His law to the Hebrews (the Jews) not the gentiles. When Jesus arose from the grave He had fulfilled the OT law for everyone, Jew and gentile alike this includes everyone including the atheists of the world, everyone. He replaced the old law with the Law of Love. By accepting Jesus Christ as your Savour you are saved by that Law of love. If you do not have Jesus Christ as your Saviour you are still under the OT law. The Jews do not accept Jesus as their Messiah and therefore are still under the Old Law as all who do not believe in Jesus Christ. Romans 10:4 verifies this. If you claim to be a Christian but continue to attempt to live under the OT law you are saying Jesus died for nothing. The Law of Love is found in Matthew 22: 36 -39 and summed up in verse 40.
    • pugwashjw65
      (Ecclesiastes 12:13) The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. The initial preaching was to ONLY the Jews...and only later to the Gentiles starting with Cornelius...Acts ch. 10
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Thinker, quote: "Jesus replaced God's Law with the Law of Love." Jesus replaced the Mosaic law, but The Ten Commandments which is another Law written by God was never replaced. If you think so, you are encouraging people to disobey The Ten Commandments without consequences. Where do you get those ideas from? It's certainly not from Scripture. Romans 3:31 "Do we then overthrow the Law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the Law."
    • Werewolf87
      Someone who lives, saves, teaches and loves the way Jesus did.
  • Faith in oneself and on others.
  • A true christian is that who don't picture him/her self.
  • When I accepted the blood of Christ as a replacement for my sins. When I grow in the Holy Spirit I learn to love in the way God intends "On earth as it is in heaven".
  • You should read Mere Christianity by CS Lewis.
    • Thriftymaid
      Very good answer.
  • I'd say compassion for everyone, even though I myself am not Christian.
  • That depends on the many differing and conflicting definitions provided by the multitude of denominations and sects in what has come to be known as Christianity.
  • I personalized license plate that says, "ILUVJC"
    • pugwashjw65
      But what did Jesus himself say ? (Luke 4:8) In reply Jesus said to him: ?It is written, ?It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.?? Jesus is to be obeyed, but not worshipped.
  • Love of God Love of Neighbor No Part of the World
  • True christian is to have relationship with Christ the saviour of the world.
  • Jesus himself gave the real identifying mark of his true followers. He said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.”—John 13:35. here are some other ways to tell: http://www.watchtower.org/e/200704b/article_01.htm
    • pugwashjw65
      Only one group has this quality worldwide...J.W's Not the RCC, because they have subdivisions, with different practices...e.g. Russian Orthodox, High Church of England etc. They ' olay' at being united with their ' get togethers' but the hierarchy are split.. And Islam does what?
  • There's no such person.
      You wouldn't want to bet your life on that statement would you? No, I didn't think so.
  • Hypocracy?
  • What does 1 John say?Repentance do you turn from sin,or do you practice sin?
  • False confidence.
  • Someone that follows God's word, and does not add anything to it or take anything away from it. That is what makes a true Christian.
  • IMHO; one who practices what he preaches.
  • It depends. What kind of Christian(denomination) are you wondering about? In short, everyone believes that their belief system is the ONE TRUE belief system. Truth is nobody knows until the time comes.
  • when we have faith in Jesus and follow this --> love others regardless of disagreement. to love means to wish everyone the best and pray for those who wrong us not curse them... sorry this is the best i can sum it up from my viewpoint. +5
  • To by faith, believe in the blood, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, as payment of all sins. And to confess to the Lord, that you are a sinner. And ask for forgiveness & The Lord Jesus to come into your life. And to make you a new person in CHRIST.....If "you really" mean it, from your Heart. And "be not ashamed", to tell others "in public", about your "new life" in "JESUS CHRIST". How your old sinful life is no longer. For it has been "washed away", by the "Love of GOD", through the "Blood of His Son JESUS", at the Cross of Calvary. People will see the change in you. Sadly many may never understand why. For tho its not easy to live, the life of a "TRUE CHRISTIAN". One you have chosen by "faith in Christ" to be. But with the "love of God". And the joy in your Heart for others. You follow the path that "JESUS walked for you & me". ......Hang in there my TRUE CHRISTIAN FRIENDS. For our "eternal life in JESUS", has just began..................M.C.S.
  • I have no Idea. They all seem hypocritical and sanctimonious to me +4
  • To be a true Christian you need to have certain talents and to be able to do certain things; . 1. You need to be well rounded.... to handle all the circular logic in the Bible. . 2. You need to understand theoretical mathematics ............. 1+1+1= 1, 1 = 3 etc., . 3. You must not waste money on unnecessary extravagence, but instead give to the poor ...... unless it's perfume for your feet - in which case spending a lot is ok. . 5. You've got to follow God's laws as Jesus told us to .... unless you don't like them in which case you can ignore them and claim some kind of 'new covenant' exemption. . 6. You need to be able to believe in the existence of somebody for whom there is no contemporary evidence or record - while being careful not to believe false prophets. . 7. Most importantly - put plenty of cash into the collection plate in Church on sundays so that the priests, pastors and church elders can live a lifestyle that is completely contrary to the one that Jesus instructed his disciples to live. . and a little bit of delusion always helps of course.
  • A true Christian adheres to Scripture as his or her only source for "guidance." John 7:38 "He that believeth on Me, as the Scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water."
      If you "adhere" only to the scriptures of the Bible as your " only source for guidance" you will soon be led astray for you will not know what the Word of God says. You must study and learn the meanings of the words used in their original usage, How they are used in context to what Is being said in that chapter or chapters. You should read and study those books that were not included such as the Book of Enoch and the book or Adam and Eve, the Gospel of Mary just to name a few. Read books such as The Royal Law of Liberty: Living in freedom under Christ's law of Love by Darwin Chandler and others. The Bible is a good start but that is only the beginning of your studies.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Hi "Thinker," I lost your comment in my feedback. Good thing I found it, though. Quote: "If you "adhere" only to the scriptures of the Bible as your " only source for guidance" you will soon be led astray for you will not know what the Word of God says." Prove me wrong! It should be that simple if you know what you're saying. What you are suggesting is to find another alternative to replace the Bible. Guess what? There is none like the Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 states that All-Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is useful for teaching, for reproof and for correcting in order for the man or woman of God to be equipped for every good work.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Quote: "Read books such as The Royal Law of Liberty: Living in freedom under Christ's law of Love by Darwin Chandler and others." My paycheck is bigger than Darwin Chandler, but nowhere close to the knowledge of God's prophets and disciples.
  • apparently there are a lot of people who are confused about the definition of a Christian so I'll post the webs definition for you all.: Chris-tian adjective relating to or professing Christianity or its teachings. noun a person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings. ****** Nowhere does it say these people are perfect and no longer sin. And anyone who claims to be a Christian and stands in Judgment of another person has something for which to repent.
  • Catholics with all their faults!
  • when they act like one
  • Proper obedience... Mark 9:7 Matthew 28: 19,20 Acts 5:42... And what to preach? Matthew 24:14...
  • A true Christian believes and has Jesus in their life and adheres to God's words. That does not mean we are perfect and will not fail. But God pulls us back from where we wandered to.
    • pugwashjw65
      Jehovah sets the standards from which WE pull ourselves back....We always ask for help in this, through prayer. HE will not act unless we show a willingness to do so.
  • John 17:3 says, this means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the true God and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ. Coming into a relationship with Jehovah and following the pattern that was left by his son Jesus Christ makes you a true Christian. For more information on this subject please visit jworg.
    • Texasescimo
      Yeppers
  • Someone who has accepted the Lord as their savior and believes that HE is the son of God. There are no special "tasks" to perform. Once you are saved, you are saved.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      The only special task is to abide in the doctrine of Christ. 2 John 1:9 "Whoever goes beyond, and abides not in the doctrine of Christ, has not God. He that abides in the doctrine of Christ, he has both the Father and the Son."
    • pugwashjw65
      " Once saved, always saved"...is not quite true... (Zephaniah 2:3) Seek Jehovah, all you meek ones of the earth, Who observe his righteous decrees. Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you will be concealed on the day of Jehovah?s anger. PROBABLY????
    • Jenny Rizzo
      pugs, the biblical way requires obedience. Hebrews 5:9 "And being made perfect, He became the author of Eternal Salvation unto all them that obey Him;" The problem here is that Christendom has a monstrous way of teaching Once Saved, Always Saved. Most likely they will say you cannot lose your Salvation, despite of your sinful life. In the strictest sense, it sounds more like Satan is inspiring them to sin even more.
    • Texasescimo
      Someone that really accepts Jesus would likely do what he says. Matthew 7:21-23 (James 2:18-20) Nevertheless, someone will say: ?You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.? 19 You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith without works is useless? (Romans 2:13) For the hearers of law are not the ones righteous before God, but the doers of law will be declared righteous. (James 1:22) However, become doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.
  • By definition, a Christian is a disciple of Christ. That means an adherent to the teachings of Christ. What did he teach his apostles? The 'Lord's Prayer' or the 'Our Father' gives us clues. First he taught us to pray for the sanctification of God's name. John 17:6, 26 tell us that he made God's name manifest to his followers. What name would that be? As Jesus was born a Jew, he worshipped the God of the Jews, Jehovah. He didn't change the God he was worshipping, just the way to approach Him, through Jesus instead of the Jewish system. He also sent his apostles out to preach about the Kingdom. (Matthew 10:5-7) His last command to his apostles repeated this important commission, to "go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations". A true Christian would be doing these things in addition to the commonly accepted activities of a Christian. To learn more, go to JW.org.
  • There are quite a few characteristics of a true Christian. In John 13: 34, 35 Jesus commanded us to love one another and the love among us will identify us as his disciples.
  • god does