• Yes i would. I lost many of my ancestors to the Holocaust. I would feel better knowing that that person had been brought to justice.
  • If they had truly put it behind them and felt bad about it then they should have turned themselves in
  • I would disregard it. That's the job of the law enforcers. Unless someone breaks the law or is a threat, I have no interest in turning him in to authorities. How can we really judge people for what happened in War World II? It's a little late for retribution.
  • Being a high ranking Nazi is not illegal btw, especially in countries where there were, at least until recent times, rascist or fascist regimes, such as Rhodesia, South Africa, Spain and so on. If that person were however a wanted war criminal, yes I would turn them in to the International War Crimes Tribunal, though not to any US court.
  • If there's good money! ;)
  • I would. If he's done nothing wrong he has nothing to worry about. If he has... justice must prevail.
  • I would contact the Elie Wiesel (sp?) Foundation and give name, date and location of this person. You never put something like that behind you...never.
  • I don't think just being a Nazi is cause for turning someone in to the authorities. Number one they would likely be in their 90's and there really isn't anything you can do to a 90 year old as punishment anyway. Number two I doubt anyone who was a high ranking Nazi would even admit it so unless I tortured it out of them so I would have no way of knowing. I actually did have a neigbhbor who was in the German army during WW2. He and his wife were the sweetest people in our neighborhood. I have no idea whether he was in the regular German Army or the SS and never asked him. He once told me he was in the German Army during WW2 and that was the extent of the information he gave me. Not much info to turn someone in over. He was just a farmer and was pretty well liked in our community. They are both gone now anyway but their kids still run the farm there.
  • No. High ranking Nazi doesn't mean he was part of the holocaust. He could just be Whermacht. It was only the SS who were into jew killing.
  • No I wouldn't yo...
  • I wouldn't make that choice. I would flip a coin and let chance be the judge
  • Wow - I am stunned at the number of folks who said no. I would turn them in in an instant. There is no statute of limitations on murder. If he is investigated and it turns out he isn't a war criminal, then all's well that ends well.
  • Yup, even a 90 year old man deserves to pay for his atrocities.
  • Honestly it would depend on my personal relations with them. Dislike or disinterest, in a heartbeat. If I liked them, that would make it more difficult.