• Basically. However, you must remember that both parties have leverage in a marriage which can drive the other to divorce. If your spouse does not want to agree to a divorce, then cut off communications and start squandering money on useless trinkets. In short, give them an incentive to let go. Or move to another state where you can meet the residency requirement and file for divorce there.
    • Thriftymaid
      You are giving legal advice and you are not qualified to do so. I hope people would not take advice, such as this, and act upon it.
  • can a marridge be forced to stay together in arizona if one person doesnt want to end the marridge
  • No. But I don't understand why you would ask a bunch of lay people this question instead of just Googling the legal advice.
    • Thriftymaid
      Best to talk to an attorney about it. Information found online is not dependable enough to act upon.
    • Linda Joy
      Definitely! And thank you! But she also can't be forced to stay she can leave anytime she chooses
  • Yes. There must be a statutory claim as a basis for divorce in New York, as it is in many states. Today most states now include a cause of action "irreconcilable differences" which is not very hard to prove when a marriage has completely broken.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy