• I don't know about others, but as for me, sometimes 1/10 of a percent.
  • It was always though that we use less than 10%. Which has been proven to be wrong. In reality we don't really know or fully understand how the brain works, we are still learning. Actually, we are learning that we use all of our brain, it just depends on which task is being done. The concept of how much of it is not the correct way of thinking or looking at it. It's much more complex than that.
  • we use all of our brain, just not at full power.
  • Since the early 1990s, a variant of conventional MRI called functional MRI (fMRI) has been a tremendous boon to neuroscience research, helping scientists learn more about how the brain works by visualizing changes in the chemical composition of various regions or changes in the flow of fluids that occur over seconds or minutes. fMRI can also be used to increase understanding of the physiology of other organs. During these studies the area of the brain being stimulated changes colors showing activity thus proving how much of the brain is actually being used.
  • They say about 3-4 percents.
  • its about 10 to 15% at the most.
    • ReiSan
      Only frauds say that.
    • HarryThatMakesYouCry
      As mentioned others, it's more complex question. Our brain isn't solid thing, it has plastic nature. We are permanently changing.
  • We use all of our brain i think just not at full power or potential
  • The truth is we use all of our brains, just not as efficiently as we could. A rumor from a movie years ago stated humans only used 10% of there brains and if they could tap into the other 90% they would be able to develop supernatural powers. This became wide spread and many got the idea that had a lot of truth to it but they could not be further from the truth. Looking at images of a working mind all the electrical impulses fire, just not all at once. Through testing on animals such as monkeys they artificially stimulated the brain causing more electrical impulses to fire made the monkey become very violent and confused. After further studies they found that if the firing of impulses happened naturally the monkey could learn at a faster rate but only through adaptability.
  • By the looks of it, most brains are on vacation!
  • probably all of it
  • I've always hear of the ten percent thing, but with scan machines we now believe it all gets used. An interesting thing however is that a dolphin can send half it's brain to sleep at a time.
    • ReiSan
      Hoaxers said we use only 10% of it, and they addd fictional functions to the 90% they dismiss.
  • As much as we choose to, if indeed we have the cognition to choose.
  • all of it. That percentage stuff is made up
  • not sure, it depends on the person since everyone is different
  • 10 percent The 10 percent of the brain myth is a widely perpetuated urban legend that most or all humans only use 10 percent (or some other small percentage) of their brains. It has been misattributed to many people, including Albert Einstein.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy