• No...but that is irrelevant, as we LOGICALLY deduce - based on what the Bible teaches - that Jesus never married.
    • Hulk70156
      What does the Bible teach about Jesus being single? What is logically deduced?
    • www.bible-reviews.com
      Summarizing and paraphrasing: #1 - the Bible teaches that Jesus was the "best" of all men, "perfect". #2 - the Bible teaches that it is BETTER to be single, even though marriage is NOT sin. THUS, for Jesus to be "the best", he MUST have maintained that "better" state, the state of being single.
    • www.bible-reviews.com
      And note: we're speaking "best" here in the spiritual / moral sense. (For example: obviously Jesus was not the best serial murderer, or the best lothario). Since (according to the New Testament) being single is a "better" state - spiritually speaking - Jesus himself must have remained in that better state.
  • No more so than anyone else getting married. Sacrificing oneself for his fellow man has nothing to do with getting married. Cops do it all the time.
  • There is nothing wrong with marriage. I'm sure Jesus had many secret admirers, but He chose to give His life for the forgiveness of our sins. Colossians 1:14 "In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins:"
  • Every Jewish mother wants their kids to get married and have children.
    • 1465
      Your comment, although meant to be light-hearted, is an ethnic slur on the same level as the claim that Jews are concentrated in the legal and banking professions.
  • Quite the contrary. The Church is the bride of Christ. Revelation 19:6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. 7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. 2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
  • I'm sure his Mother wanted him to get married.
  • His Jewish mother would stop asking when he is getting married after all, he is in his 30's.