• You have to give them time to learn English first. :P
      No comprende
      High schoolers (Gen Z) are the second fastest growing demographic as the baby boomers die. Someone better be teaching them something soon!!!
      I'm still miffed that they don't teach cursive in schools. Most of them, anyways.
      They're bringing it back. I guess they learned someone has to be able to read the old documents that are still not digitized. In any case, I have faith they'll learn what they need to know in time or they'll die trying. I'll be dead by then anyway so why worry?
    • Wakko
      I couldn't imagine the generation who couldn't sign their fucking names.
      There are a lot of them out there. Instead, we have to make sure they can all use the same bathroom. You know, important stuff.
    • Wakko
      Another legislative session in Texas has finished, another complete ignore on that shit. It's not happening here.
  • I wouldn't suggest sending a child to public school these days. And at the very least parents, please parent and not leave that to the teachers as well, and by all means personally ensure your children get the most important education directly from you! You will be held accountable even if you delegate the authority, you can't delegate the responsibility.
      The problem is, people want (and the government pressures) the government to take care of all the educational needs of our kids. And all they do is throw money at it. More money doesn't fix the problem. Look at all the crap that kids are exposed to in our schools now (sex education in 5th grade) and look at we used to have 30 years ago. Home ec and shop classes. Our kids are failing at increasing rates and common core is trying to teach them that they have to draw a graph to add 20+20. And that equals 30, as long as you explain it.
      My son and grandson went to public school. They're both geniuses. My son is happy and saving for retirement. So occasionally something goes right. I never took home ec or shop, neither did they. I had a sex education class in 5th grade to tell us about our periods. My mom didn't. She thought she was dying when it happened to her. I guess even when the sperm donor stays sometimes they're not so good about telling their daughters these things. Not accusing, just personal observation, or lack of opportunity to observe.
  • kids arent studying as rnuch as they should