• Let go and let God in all ways.
      And you have no trouble being still I so envy that!
  • A great reminder. thank you. Sometimes we can get caught up in the moment of happenings and not rest in him. Warm oil on my heart, thanks.
      Aww! And your answer makes coming here worthwhile! Thank you!
  • It means "stop running your mouth, you're not that great" In much the same way as you would laugh down a jumentous braggart trying to act like he's Al Capone.
      Interesting interpretation. And I can even see some wisdom in this answer.
      Just curious do you see yourself at all in the words of your answer?
  • Jehovah God is powerful enough to look after himself...He does not want us to retaliate to perceived insults..." turn the other cheek"
      That's what I said on the other question. I have no intention of any sort of retaliation. I'd just like to see believers standing up for what they believe in,asking questions that engage and encourage other believers.
      But you didn't answer the question.
    • pugwashjw65
      I'll try again...It refers to the power of God in protecting his people...Do not do anything but watch what I will do to your enemies... (Isaiah 37:36) And the angel of Jehovah went out and struck down 185,000 men in the camp of the As?syrʹi?ans. When people rose up early in the morning, they saw all the dead bodies.
  • When the mind is still, and no thoughts running through it, when the Ego has dissolved, the Absolute (God) is what can be comprehended. God exists within you as you, and can be realized in stillness.
    • pugwashjw65
      Jehovah GOD is " out there" and will act if it suits him...If he is only ' within us', we cannot prompt action. Proper knowledge of HIM is essential....learnt through scripture...
    • Baba
      You can read scripture a million times and it will never give you a direct experience of God. "Out There" is an illusion maintained by Ego. There is only oneness. But through embracing Ego, the separation and confusion is seen as the world. The illusion is maintained until Ego is desolved and the oneness of God is realized.
  • What it means to me is to let go of your ideas and let God do His will in your life. Psalm 46:10 10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
  • Stand still, listen and obey.
  • When the pandemonium arises, patience is needed to face the opposition.