• Joining you. They'll never understand while they're still atheist.
      I think they still receive the blessings though, because of the faith of the one praying.
    • Anoname
      Yes - like when the prayer of the elders of the church is honored on behalf of the one being prayed for.
  • We should hold out hope to ALL people...to learn about the incoming Kingdom...No one should be excluded, whatever they themselves might think. (Matthew 28:19, 20) Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.
  • I pray for them to hear the Holy Spirit when He speaks to them.
  • I think it would be like an antibiotic; if you give an antibiotic to someone who doesn't believe in them, the antibiotic would work as well as it would on someone who believed in them. The recipient's belief would not affect the outcome. I doubt that most atheists would recognize that whatever boon a prayer granted was caused by the prayer. I am agnostic atheist (don't believe in deity but don't think its possible to disprove deity) and the evidence would have to be overwhelming to swing towards the believer side. Pure atheists would be a tougher sell.