by suzieG on March 18th, 2008

suzieG

Question

Help answer this question below.

I have a fisher & Paykel pride 5.5 smartdrive9 washing machine that refuses to rinse, drain the water or spin! It adgitates fine but just wont drain the water or spin, what is happening! Please Help!

• Like
  • Report

Answers

Answers. 5 helpful answers below.

• by danniigirl on September 16th, 2008

danniigirl

Susie G.

If this happens to you again.. It is most likely that you have a blocked pump.

Tilt your machine backwards, you will be able to remove what ever is blocking the pump. Or alternatively contact the Fisher & Paykel Hot Line
    1300 650 590
    Good Luck with your Machine.

• Like
    • Report

No comments. Post one | Permalink

• by fixtec90 on March 20th, 2008

fixtec90

If your machine agitates your MOTOR ISN'T BAD.
    F/P washers have a wax motor (brown 1/2in by 1in) that attaches to the recirulating pump. This is a common issue the shaft on the wax motor breaks. If this is your problem the machine will get stuck in the rinse cycle (go around slowly spraying water from the top).
    Do you get a Fault Code at the end of the cycle? If so remove the control housing (the top). Screws are located on the top rear of the machine. You will find the tech sheet ( a piece of paper). It will help you translate the code from binery. Even if you're not getting a code the tech sheet may help you figure out whats wrong.

• Like
    • Report

1 comment | Post one | Permalink

• by brettyboo on April 23rd, 2011

brettyboo

I know that this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say many thanks for the tips in it. I had exactly the same problem with my Fisher & Paykel Pride 5.5 Smartdrive9, with water failing to drain just before the spin cycle...

I did actually blow hard back through the outlet pipe, and I could here air getting bubbling through into the drum. Thinking that it may have cleared the blockage, I turned it back on to test - unfortunately it hadn't.

So, I unnecessarily disassembled the from the top, only to see (as I should have expected) the outlet drainpipe heading into the bottom of the drum.

I tipped the whole thing over, and sure enough the drain pump has a plastic clip lock which you can lever up and twist the pump straight out.

As I did, the culprit fell out into my hand - a tiny little babies sock!!! It somehow got pulled through the inner drum and jammed the drainage pump.

If this problem happens again, I reckon it will take less than a minute to fix it!! SO, thanks guys, you rock!!

No comments. Post one | Permalink

• by Anonymous on March 18th, 2008

Anonymous

Sounds like your motor died.

No comments. Post one | Permalink

• by freddyzdead on May 13th, 2009

freddyzdead

I have no idea what a wax motor is nor have I ever seen one in a FP washer. Probably the pump is bad. If you disconnect it, it comes out very easily with a left twist. Bayonet fitting.

If the pump is ok, then something might be blocking it. Bra wires are notorious for this. You can't really clean out the pump from the bottom; you have to remove the agitator and then the top cover and take out the bowl. Then you can remove the cover over the pump and take out any foreign objects such as bra wires.

When you remove the top cover, watch out for the out-of-balance switch at the back. It breaks easily.

No comments. Post one | Permalink

Want to attach an image to your answer? Click here.

Did this answer your question? If not, then ask a new question or create a poll.

More Questions. Additional questions in this category.