• In the case of an AT&T phone with an AT&T sim, the answer is yes. In the case of any other phone (assuming that both are GSM) you would need to unlock the phone to do this. If you have had your phone long enough, AT&T will unlock your phone, if you are asking them to use it in Europe with a European SIM. Or you can purchase an unlocking service on websites such as eBay.
  • It depends on the phone. Most of the ones which you purchase through AT&T are locked. You need to get an unlock code or buy an unlocked phone from the internet. Your SIM card will work with any unlocked GSM phone. Do a search on Google for "unlocked gsm phone" and you will see some offers. You can pick them up on Ebay as well. With a little more work you might be able to find out how to get an unlock code for the phone if you have one that is locked.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy