• No I don't ever recall taking my mother out for lunch. She never really approved of me and I resented her hostility. Doubt she ever went to lunch with anyone but friends anyway.
      I'm sorry to hear you didn't get along. My relationship with mine was strained for many years and for similar reasons. In recent years we do get along better and I do take her out for lunch once in a while, but sometimes she gets snarky before lunch is over and spoils it.
    • officegirl
      Oh glad to hear you are getting along better. No reason not to for both your sakes. Mothers do know how to push buttons though don't they?
  • Way too long ago (and with my father)...I need to do some catching up. Thanks for making me feel like a jerk.
      Sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I took mine out for lunch yesterday and she bitched at the waitress because there wasn't enough ice in her water (half a glass). It was very embarrassing and kind of spoiled things. I guess we'll have to go somewhere else next time. : )
  • I never have.
      I understand.