• Too distant a question I guess ??
    • tominhouston
      No it is not too distant. It will surprise you like the alarm clock in the morning.
  • I was thinking as soon as my kids graduate from college or trade school. So, I'd take my current age + 22 - my kids current age.
      Young enough to enjoy it. Good for you ! Plan your finances well and make it happen.
  • When I can't walk in platform boots any more. Lol:)
      LOL, quelle surprise !! : )
  • I was 48 or 49 when I was no longer able to work.
      That's young.
      I worked hard all my life sometimes two and three jobs at a time occasionally getting 4 hours sleep a night I think I just wore my body out
  • I retired at 62 but I am still working at 78 and hope to quit working when I am 81 but not sure about that either. I have no retirement other than Social security and get so little I have to work. I would liked to have retired at 62 or 65 but just could not afford to do so.
  • Whatever age you choose to retire it will be upon you very quickly, possibly without warning. We don't plan to fail, we fail to plan. Start NOW! If your employer has a 401 participate and consider a Roth IRA for whatever you have left over at the end of the month. You will be astounded at how fast it mounts up. Do not depend on Social Security.
      Good advice.
      LOL Always the optimist, eh .. : )
  • Well, I retired when I was 62. At least I started drawing SS. When my wife and I divorced I didn't have enough SS to live on. I have gone back to work. My plans are to work 3 more years if my health holds out. I will then have a small retirement coming in. With that and my SS maybe I can then retire and not have to work.
      I wish you luck.
      Of what month ?
    • Lilo Avli
      April, just in time for the warmer weather. Can you arrange it ? There's a large bung in it for you.
      I'll see what I can do, but that only leaves me this week and just what kind of "bung" are you talking about ?
    • Lilo Avli
      I'm still only 14 mister. You have eight years to work your magic. And my Dad, a police officer, says why are you asking me to bung you ?
      It's sounds like the police officer wants that bung for himself.
    • Lilo Avli
      Don't they always. How else did I get my Ferrari ?
      Teenage prostitution, maybe ?
    • Lilo Avli
      I sent my wife out once, to give blow jobs for extra Xmas cash. She came home with $45.50. "Who gave you 50 cents", I asked ? "They all did", was her withering reply.
      No Ferrari for you then. Next time tell her to leave the dentures at home.
  • I planned in retiring at 66 but got laid off my job (after 14 years) at 64. Nobody wants to hire a 64 year old but fortunately I had carefully planned and saved for retirement and the last two years were not critical. Having a plan for retirement is EVERYTHING and if you are young with no retirement plan you will be screwed big time. Saving enough is painful for most people but you will live 1/3 of your life living on what you had been saving for the previous 30 to 40 years.
      Very true.
  • 35 yrs old was the plan.
      I'm going to guess ... the plan didn't work out ?
  • i wish i could retire now since i cant find a job and living on no income
  • Never, I'm immortal
  • Never, I'm immortal
  • I retired at 62 but at 71 had to go back to work because I did not have enough to live on. I worked as a school bus driver until I had a stroke at 79 effecting my eyes. I wanted to work two more years for my retirement maybe more as long as I could pass the physical for my CDL.
  • I've never worked and don't intend to start any time soon. Work is for women and donkeys.
      You will enjoy long life.
    • we are dough 68
      Thank you, Master.
  • I retired from acting and modelling at age 31 with a fortune. Now I have a 16 year old daughter to rear. I have moved between Japan and California several times.
  • Who knows. I'm close to starting new path in life.
      Good luck on your new path, I hope you find happiness.