• Too distant a question I guess ??
    • tominhouston
      No it is not too distant. It will surprise you like the alarm clock in the morning.
  • I was thinking as soon as my kids graduate from college or trade school. So, I'd take my current age + 22 - my kids current age.
      Young enough to enjoy it. Good for you ! Plan your finances well and make it happen.
  • When I can't walk in platform boots any more. Lol:)
      LOL, quelle surprise !! : )
  • I was 48 or 49 when I was no longer able to work.
      That's young.
      I worked hard all my life sometimes two and three jobs at a time occasionally getting 4 hours sleep a night I think I just wore my body out
  • I retired at 62 but I am still working at 78 and hope to quit working when I am 81 but not sure about that either. I have no retirement other than Social security and get so little I have to work. I would liked to have retired at 62 or 65 but just could not afford to do so.
  • Whatever age you choose to retire it will be upon you very quickly, possibly without warning. We don't plan to fail, we fail to plan. Start NOW! If your employer has a 401 participate and consider a Roth IRA for whatever you have left over at the end of the month. You will be astounded at how fast it mounts up. Do not depend on Social Security.
      Good advice.
      LOL Always the optimist, eh .. : )
  • Well, I retired when I was 62. At least I started drawing SS. When my wife and I divorced I didn't have enough SS to live on. I have gone back to work. My plans are to work 3 more years if my health holds out. I will then have a small retirement coming in. With that and my SS maybe I can then retire and not have to work.
      I wish you luck.