ANSWERS: 1
  • Isaac M. Dimond came to the area in 1848 and, as one of his enterprises, in 1850 began to construct a dam on the Grand River (Michigan)Grand River near the center of section (land)section 15. By 1852, the dam was completed and a saw mill was in operation. He built a grist mill in 1856. On August 6, 1856, Hosey Harvey surveyed the village in order for Dimond to have it platted with the name "Dimondale". A post office named "East Windsor" had been established in the eastern part of Windsor Township in about 1860. This office was transferred to Dimondale and renamed in 1872. In 1878 the Lake Shore and Michigan Southern Railroad came through and the area was given a station referring to it as Diamondale. In 1906, Dimondale incorporated as a village. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimondale%2C_Michigan

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy