• Traditionally, black shoes went best with navy and grey trousers. However, dark brown shoes can also be worn with a navy suit and may even make you look more sophisticated. Always remember that lace-up shoes are the best type of shoe for a suit.
    • Venus1485
      Brown look bad with blue.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Venus1485, read Kim Siver's answer. It's all about being "sophisticated." You also have to know the different shades of blue to figure out which type of blue goes best with brown shoes.
    • ReiSan
      No blue suit goes with brown shoes.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      ReiSan, keep in mind that skin tone plays a huge part when wearing brown shoes.
    • ReiSan
      No skin is revealed near the shoes. Brown just looks terrible with blue.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      ReiSan, you need to learn about colors and be SPECIFIC of the blue you are referring to. There are 24 shades of blue color palette. Light complected people can get away with any color whereas, dark Japanese people with a darker skin tone and commonly black hair will not look good wearing a navy blue suit with brown shoes.
    • ReiSan
      I know far more about colors than you do. Light skin is valued in Japan. Bushi women wore veils and wide brim hats to keep the Sun off their skin. Incidentally, the question was about navy blue and no othe shade of blue. Please learn how to read..
    • Jenny Rizzo
      ReiSan, quote: "Light skin is valued in Japan." The majority of Japanese people have dark skin. I can understand how people with dark skin cannot and should not wear certain colors, unlike the Chinese people who have a light complexion and can get away with wearing any colors.
      Rei San, you can have my light skin once I'm dead. I won't be needing it anymore. I'm about as white as they come without being albino! And I don't like brown shoes.
  • Recent trends have gone towards wearing Dark Brown shoes with a Navy Pin-striped suit. Black can be worn, but the brown tends to look a bit less stark and adds a sense of warmth and familiarity.
    • Venus1485
      Trends are usually tasteless, like this one.
    • ReiSan
      Brown looks terrible with blue. Recent trends are usually tasteless throughout history..
    • Jenny Rizzo
      ANSWERBAG STAFF, Linda Joy or Ice man: more harassment and insults by Venus1485 and ReiSan.
      Did you flag it? It takes a while to disappear.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Linda Joy, affirmative.
  • Personally i wouldn't even go as far as wearing the navy pin-striped suit. However if you have managed to pull that off (make it look hot) then congrats to you, but other wise... eww (p.s - this is coming from a 16 year old girl, so dont let what i say affect you too much)
  • Well, you could go with the standby Black shoes .... OR; go to a real hip shoe store and buy yourself a pair of Blue Suede or Blue Alligator Shoes ... to be stylin' 'n Profilin ' ...
  • Flannel.
  • trainers. Be the 10 doctor. If you don't get my answer it's because you have never heard of doctor who. A tv series that rocks.
  • Pumps or penny loafers, butt hole knee with the right hat. Don't forget the hat, and make sure it's red, red and floppy. Your welcome..;+
    • ReiSan
      Penny loafers are too casual to wear with a dressy navy blue pinstripe suit.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      ReiSan, why are you harassing Carbon Product?
  • That is a very dressy suit, so black shoes are best. Brown is too casual and looks bad with blue too.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Are you planning on joining the US Navy?
    • ReiSan
      I hope Jenny joins the Foreign Legion.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      ReiSan, I hope you understand that pinstripe suits are also worn by inmates in certain countries.
      I no longer have any of my Navy boots. And we certainly didn't wear pin stripes of any kind in the Navy! But if you're doing a nautical theme don't forget the anchor tattoo! Hahahaha
  • whatever color you want to wear
  • Black or cordovan dress shoes should bed worn with such a very dressy suit.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Pinstripe suits were once dressy back in WW1 and WW2.
    • ReiSan
      They are still quite dressy!
    • Jenny Rizzo
      ReiSan, they are a blast from the past.
    • ReiSan
      No, tasteful men wear them. My ex-husband and my American boyfriend wore them. They will never go out of style. They are quite dressy. My boyfriend made an illustrated history of world clothing. You need more study on this subject.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Quote: "tasteful men wear them. My ex-husband and my American boyfriend wore them." So now men are telling you how to dress? LMAO
    • ReiSan
      My ex-boyfriend made an illustrated world history of clothing, and I have read it, so I know far more than Jenny about this subject..
    • Jenny Rizzo
      I would suggest you do a research on the New York Yankees so you can understand the whole idea about the pinstripes.
  • Black dress shoes are best.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Black dress shoes with a pinstripe suit is horrendous.
    • ReiSan
      Brown shoes with a navy blue pinstripe suit are horrendous,.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Who said ANYTHING about brown shoes in your answer? *Facepalm*
    • ReiSan
      Jenny obviously is tasteless and blindly follows absurd fades.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Blindly? You need glasses to see that pinstripe suits are outdated. Have you applied for the New York Yankees as a mascot? https://twitter.com/yankees/status/503586307038130176
    • Jenny Rizzo
      You said it yourself, pinstripe suits are classics that stayed in the past. lol
  • I wouldn't suggest a color, because pinstripe suits are extremely unpleasant and old fashioned. They date back to the 1910's: https://vintagedancer.com/1900s/edwardian-1910s-historical-mens-fashion-and-clothing-an-overview/
    • ReiSan
      They are still considered dressy at the office. They are not unpleasant or old-fashioned at all. Men have worn them to the present.
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Since you are Old School, I can understand where you are coming from. lol
    • Jenny Rizzo
      Pinstripe suits are outdated. Nowadays, they resemble the New York Yankees.
  • To share another answer: there is a theory why the New York Yankees chose pinstripe suits as their team uniform to make Babe Ruth look slimmer: https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/answering-an-obvious-baseball-question-why-do-the-yankees-wear-pinstripes/
  • whatever color you want to wear
  • Depends on your shirt and tie. Black, dark brown or oxbloods.