by applepie on November 2nd, 2008

applepie

Question

Help answer this question below.

My best guy friend asked me out. I said yes before thinking. Now I'm not sure if I really want to go out with him. I really don't want to hurt him. He's already been hurt b4 and DID NOT take it well at all. I'm basically in tears. can you help me??? ASAP!

• Like
  • Report

Answers

Answers. 2 helpful answers below.

• by Jewel on November 2nd, 2008

Jewel

As soon as possible, tell him that you are beginning to feel that your acceptance may not have been the right thing to do. That you obviously love him as a friend and sometimes you get a bit confused about what that love means. Tell him that this isn't a rejection, but you need some time to think about your friendship and how dating might endanger that, and you think you and he should probably talk about what it would mean if you began to date.
    This should allow him to accept your backing out and also let you both do what should have been done anyway: talk about how a big change like that could affect what is obviously a very important relationship. You may end up seeing him as a love interest. Or maybe you will find that friendship is best for both of you.
    Just TALK with him. Be honest. Best friends do this.

• Like
    • Report

3 comments | Post one | Permalink

• by sazzycat09 on June 7th, 2010

sazzycat09

you need to talk to him as soon as you can. that way he doesnt feel as though hes being led on. it would be alright to let him know that you accepted his invite because you like to spend time with him but that you dont want him to get the wrong idea. let him know that you are there for him all the time but that your fortunate for your relationship as it is with him. let him know that the friendship means more to him and that you dont want to jepordize that in any way.

No comments. Post one | Permalink

Want to attach an image to your answer? Click here.

Did this answer your question? If not, then ask a new question or create a poll.

More Questions. Additional questions in this category.