• Starting paperwork for marriage in Japan for you would be the same as any Japanese citizen. Your girlfriend will know how to do that. You will have to your local city hall to get the forms needed to get married. If you want to stay in Japan, you will have to change your current visa, which I take as a tourist visa into a spousal visa. You will have to leave Japan after you have gotten married. And apply for visa at the Japanese embassy. I went to Seoul to get mine. You should take you marriage certificate to the US embassy and register your marriage there, too.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy