• thats an "F" connector
  • That's called a "balun". These are generally designed to take a 300 Ohm balanced source (the antenna), and convert it into a unbalanced 75 Ohm source (the coaxial cable). So it's an balanced to unbalanced converting device combined with an impedance converting device in one small package. These devices are usually bi-directional, though that's not important for a TV antenna, since you are always receiving (never transmitting). More info here:
  • It is important to use good RG6 rated cable, high Q connectors , and as few (hi quality) connectors as possible between the source and the TV, especially with satelite, but I know that is not what you are into for the time being. Consider DTC or Dish (or FIOS)when $ permits

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy