• Not just any JP can officiate at a marriage. He/she must be a certified marriage commissioner. Not all marriage commissioners need to be clergy or JPs, but most are. Their charges are not fees, but an honorarium as I understand it. As such they may be negotiated or set by the JP via a schedule. This can apparently range from $0 to $1000 depending on the time and location involved. You will also have to get a marriage licence which will cost you about $50.
  • Most officiant will cost you $250. The marriage license is about $50 - good for 3 months.

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy