• If you are speaking in the same sense as common law marriage, then I don't believe any such thing exists anywhere. It has to be on paper, in a court order b/f any type of custody is awarded and the actual adoption cannot take place unless the child has been in your care for a certain period of time, the appropriate checks have been made by child services and the parental rights are terminated (either voluntarily or involuntarily). I think it would be a good idea for you to call a lawer or your local legal aid to get this stuff filed asap. Good luck.

Copyright 2023, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy