• No automotive vehicle should have autopilot installed. It's too dangerous.
  • No too dangerous
  • Ideally, yes - but - autopilot for vehicles "isn't ready for prime time" yet. They're working on it, and maybe by 2030 they'll actually have it. Interesting topic, here's a useful chart: {{ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-driving_car#Levels_of_driving_automation }} Supposedly there are no level-3 street-legal cars in the U.S. yet. Honda and Mercedes have both been approved for level-3. Mercedes is expected to be available in the first half of 2022. (Not sure about Honda's.) All currently available in the U.S. are level-2, including even GM's highly-praised Super Cruise system and Tesla's inappropriately-named Full Self-Driving system. Since Honda and GM are working together, expect them to release level-3 no more than a year apart. GM and Honda have also sought regulatory approval for a vehicle with no steering wheel. Wow! They're doing well, and I'm happy to see GM partnered with other companies in the attempt to be at the forefront of this useful safety technology. Toyota is road-testing a level-4 system in Japan. Not approved yet, don't expect availability before next year at the very earliest.
  • Yes. There would probably be less accidents.
  • Today I had an interesting experience with autopilot, which made me wonder if I did the right choice by buying a car with it. When I chose a car with vehicle inspection report, I focused on autopilot, it was not the main criterion, but I wanted something new. So I decided to try moving in the left lane to the tunnel. I turned on the autopilot, and the car started to move so close to the left edge that the first thing I wanted to do was level it, turn off the autopilot and drive calmly, I don't know why when the autopilot is on, the car drives heavily to the edge of the road...
  • IMHO, we will have less accidents when cars use their radar, cameras and autopilot.