• 4-25-44 I'm pretty smart, but I never heard of "love" languages. I have heard of romance languages, but they are not limited to any specific number. Any lingo based on Latin is a romance language.
  • 6-16-2017 For the longest time, plays were either comedies where the hero lived or tragedies where the hero died. Then a new story line emerged: the happy ending. Because most of them were written in languages derived from Latin, they were called "romance stories". The term soon became identified with the modern concept of romance, and the stories were then called "historia novella", which was shortened to "novel". Google turns up this: "They started from Vulgar Latin (In the Latin Language, "vulgar" is the word for "common," so "Vulgar Latin" means "Common Latin"). The biggest Romance languages are Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, Romanian, and Catalan. They are called "romance languages" because they originate from a language spoken by Romans."
      These are the ones I was talking about: "Unhappiness in marriage often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages, believes Dr. Gary Chapman. While working as a marriage counselor for more than 30 years, he identified five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch."
  • 1 Corinthians 13:4-8New International Version (NIV) 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails.
      I don't know why this new international version replaced the word charity with love but it doesn't mean the same thing, and it has caused more than one person I know to get the wrong idea thinking that it means romantic love. I'll stick with the King James version myself.
    • Rick
      It also left out love is not jealous. Any part that changes God's words I do not read it. Even the New King James changed meanings. So I stopped using the NKJV and went back to and stay with the King James version.