• they have as much right to own one as anybody else.maybe even more. they are retired. they worked all their life and now worked hard. They now have nothing to do so why not buy a computer and go online and enjoy the rest of their life
  • I used to get my upgraded computers from my FIL in his 80s and he was quite the wiz. So how elderly were you asking about lol!!!
  • Speaking as an elderly person who owns 2 computers, I think it is wonderful. We may not have had the advantage of becoming computer literate throughout our lives and especially in school, but we still have brains and curiosity and find the advantages of the communication and research possibilities to be awesome!! I have reconnected with old school friends from 50+ years ago...imagine that! We old folk are loving this electronic age. P.S. I also have a Blackberry, an iPod, an MP3, a DS...and....what else? oh, flat screen TV...surround sound and about 1500 music CDs.
  • Would you consider me to be elderly? I'm 62 years old and I have taught computer use and developed database applications and spreadsheet solutions for a number of businesses. I'm the AB expert on Computer Software, word processors, spreadsheets and databases among other computer-related things, so I think it's just fine for us elderly folk to use computers. In fact some of us use them a lot more effectively than many young people.
  • some, congratulations.. others.. oh god , you have a long way to go
  • i dont see anything wrong with that
  • It's necessary in this day and age. But elderlies buying a car is bloody dangerous though.
    • Mrs. C
      Interesting that insurance rates for young people are MUCH higher than for "elderlies". I wonder if that has anything to do with their driving record?
      Once again, the hammer strikes the nail ... directly on the head.
  • I think it is great and nobody else's business.
  • Its ok but I always get older ones given to me for free.
  • Why would I care?
  • I'm an elderly person and have had computers for decades! Today, everyone needs a computer to function in the world. Not sure why you even ask this? You must be very young .... LOL!
      Exactly, but it's an old question and you're still cool. : )
  • I am pushing 80 and use my laptop daily. I also have two desk tops as well but don't use them much.
  • As one who is over sixty, I can attest that access to the internet beats the hell outta Comcast TV, cell phones, IoT, or any other modern crapola. I like it just fine.
  • Fair play to them. Computers are for anyone of any age. Some people may be illiterate of technology and others are literate but we all have different intelligences. Elderly people are entitled to have a computer.
  • It can keep them worldly and in contact with family and friends.