• You would need to be more specific on the facts. A joint tenancy requires that you and your father receive the property interest at the same time and through the same document. Thus, signing a deed later to add you to the deed does not create a joint tenancy. Did you have a lawyer effectuate the transfer? Historically, the only way to crate a joint tenancy in this situation was to sell the property to a straw man (usually an attorney), who would immediately sell the property back to both of you. Many states have done away with this formality, but their are still procedures that must be followed. If we assume that the transfer was correctly done, then it would be a gift and cannot be revoked.
  • Yes he can, he can go to a lawyer and rewrite the deed. It will not be yours until his death.

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy