• Yes. You can also get poison ivy from touching other people who have just touched poison ivy. You can reinfect yourself from even washed clothing that has rubbed against poison ivy. You can also pick up poison ivy reaction from a plant that has been dead for 5 years. The active ingredient is Urushiol: From the Winki: Urushiol oil can remain active for several years, so handling dead leaves or vines can cause a reaction. In addition oil transferred from the plant to other objects (such as pet fur) can cause the rash if it comes into contact with the skin.[3] People that are sensitive to poison-ivy can also experience a similar rash from mangoes; the skin of mangoes has a chemical compound similar to urushiol. [4]

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy