• People have the right to say/think whatever they want. As much as it annoys me to hear people prostelitize, what's the point of following a religion if you don't think its the right one? Its not just Christians either, Muslims, Jews, Hindi, they all think their path is the right one or they wouldn't have chosen it. When you chose something to believe in you are essentially saying that, to you, all the other beliefs are wrong.
  • Yes,and the muslims?? say "there is no God but Allah", so they're all as bad as each other in my opinion. Note: This is an opinion!!!!!!
  • Christians did not make up the rules of their religion: Jesus did. He said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father, except through me." Therefore, we cannot say anything but that. We are not alone in claiming to be the only way, though!
  • No, saying Jesus is the way in no way gives anyone a reason to be against them. All people think that what they believe is what everyone should believe. We are all "right" in our own minds. If you don't want to accept Jesus is the only way to God then ignore the Christians. Believing or not believeing that Jesus is the way is a personal choice everyone makes. You can't be forced or fooled into it. Anything else is exercise in futility. And here people have a right to say what they want. And Christians aren't against the practitioners of other religions only the religion itself. They love the people and want them to have what they have. Well, true Christians do, anyway.
  • Well, it's good to have conviction in what you believe in. But I also think it's important to allow people to have their own opinions and not point fingers and call people "wrong". You can believe that you are right without running around condemning everyone who doesn't believe the same thing. Personally, I'm Christian, and I think that it's the only way - but my husband is Pagan, and I don't judge him for it and I choose to love him anyways, and I've learned a lot of things from him and he from me. We all stand to learn something from other people's beliefs and practices, especially if they are different from our own.
  • I think it would lead to much less strife between religions if Christians advocated following Christ's example rather than saying in effect no other religion will lead a soul back to God. It's living by Christ's example (I think) which leads us back to God, (by our deeds rather than words) although I think we are all on a journey back to God and will all get there eventually.
  • Of course Christians have th e right to declare what the bible says in the same way as other groupings have the right to declare what they believe. The problem is that in our modern age the hearers have tender ears and cannot cope with hearing people speak with passion even though they might be wrong. I come from an Evangelical background and am not scared of other people's views even when it might be offensive to me. If declaration of one faith is announcing the higher order of that belief system does that really matter? You do not have to believe it and you do not need to be offended just simply disagree and work out your reasons for what you believe. Does that help or not?
  • This claim is probably based on John 14:6 where Jesus is reported to have said “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” This is what all Prophets would be expected to say to their people. It was their job to convince their flocks about that. However, the message behind this formula is used by all, even individual denominations, like LDS, JW etc, to say that their way is the only way. According to the Holy Qur’an (HQ) anyone who submits his will to God and does good deeds avoiding what is reprehensible will have salvation, or as Mr Pickthall puts it in his translation of HQ 5:69. “Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians whosoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.”
  • Don't most religions include clauses that say "All other religions are bollocks!"?
  • No one has the right to say anything is the "only way". No one KNOWS for sure- it's really all just sepculation. The bible- written by humans. The Quran- written by humans, all of these books are written by humans and passed down as stories and made into rules and laws of their religions. I have my beliefs, but I'm willing to believe that I might not be right. But I also believe that NO ONE truly knows if they are right or not- and the people who claim this are just clinging onto an Ideal. This is why this is my belief.
  • i think so. what is the point of being a Christian (or hindi, or muslim, or buddha) if you don't believe it's the 'right' one? Christ said that you're either for Him or against Him.. there's no sitting on the fence. by not deciding to believe in Him you're effectually denying belief in Him. no middle ground there.
  • We are only saying what our Lord and Saviour taught us in His Word. John 14:6 says: "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." Christ is the only way to God the Father and thus the only way to heaven. He is the only One who died on the cross for our sins and whose blood was perfect and sinless enough to pay for our sins and atone for them. Jesus Christ is the only man who raised from the dead as well. He took and conquered death for us. We are all sinners in need of a Saviour, and only Jesus, God come in the flesh, can save us. I hope that this is helpful. -In the Master's service. Thank you and God bless you!
  • As a Christian Jesus IS the only way...for me. I am not against any religion, but this is what my religion teaches. As far as I know every religion has their own "path" that is considered the only way. To each his own...What's the problem?
  • Well i think yes just like other religions but because always the majors one counts it wouldn't be a big deal to every one. For me, to be fair that's wrong.
  • No, it is just a quoting of Jesus, when He said, "I am the truth, the light, and the way."
  • they can say it. they have the right. and yes they are saying other religions are wrong. but i guess most religions say that to to some extent. personally i'd rather them say that instead of "you're going to hell." so i'm not complaining. half the time it opens up a civil conversation too, so im not really against it
  • Ya know, Christians have a right to say whatever they want, it's the right winged Christians that are the ones telling everyone else what they have the right to say. Intolerence has nothing to do with Jesus.
  • Absolutely. And non-Christians have a right to disagree. I think God placed this in His filing cabinet under "Free Will".
  • Granted that there is only ONE Almighty God, and that he has only ONE 'begotten' son,. Jesus, then any religion not following exactly what Jesus taught is unacceptable to God. (Mark 9:7) And a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud: “This is my Son, the beloved; listen to him.”
  • We follow Jesus and God. They said it, so why can't we?
  • Jesus said He was the only way.John 14:6.
  • It is hard to defend dogmatic priciples. I was in a Catholic school that tried to teach us that Catholics were the only true religion in the world. That nonsense made me not only leave the church at a very young age, it made me bitter for years. I became an atheist when I was in my late teens. I mean how can anyone love a God that would do that to people. Especially since I was nothing exceptional. Why would I be saved and some better individual be turned away from the pearly gates. Ludicrous. Anyway, Jesus had a great path to follow and His teachings are truth, but the people who decided to rewrite his history are the one's at fault.
  • They certainly do have the right. Sadly, though, most religions have this viewpoint. Then people start arguing and flying planes into tall buildings.
  • Choosing a religion is not like buying a car. The inner, personal aspect is the thing. If you are content in your beliefs, you will pay little attention to proselytizing. If you have large doubts in your belief, your ears will be attuned to bringing in new ideas. If you have small doubts, you will come here and get into big discussions. When a Christian says to an unbeliever, "Jesus is the only way.", should the unbeliever take offense with the particular Christian person or with the Christian religion? If one is offended by Christian beliefs, does that necessitate having animosity toward all Christians?
  • They are only copying the Buddhist teaching anyway, one of the planks of the argument that Jesus was a buddhist having travelled and studied in India between the ages of 12 and 30.
  • Do geographers have the right to say, "The world is round [really, an oblate spheroid]"? Doesn't this suggest they are against all other beliefs about the world (like it's flat or is the back of a giant turtle), giving adherents of other worldviews a reason to be against them?
  • 1) Yes and yes: - Freedom of speech: you have the right to say a lot of things, false or not, proven or not, without being offensive. - But this would suggest that they want to push this belief as fact, which would be against all other religions or against atheism. This would give others a reason to be against them. 2) However, if they said "I *believe* that Jesus is the only way", it would no more state that this as a fact, but rather as a belief. The suggestion would be that they have that personal belief, and this would no more be against all other religions or against atheism (as long as those are tolerant).
  • For a Christian, Jesus IS the only way. Most religions are against other religions....unfortunately. I consider myself a Christian and, for me, Jesus is the only way...but it's not up to me to tell someone else their beliefs are wrong. Who knows? maybe they aren't. I wouldn't want anyone telling me what to believe and not believe...to each his own. :-)
  • God himself from heaven said this, and not just Christians... (Mark 9:7) And a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud: “This is my Son, the beloved; listen to him.”
  • I find it ironic that many Christians claim that Jesus is the only way, and they can't even agree what the definition of what Christian is. Every single christian group claims that theirs and theirs alone is the only proper way.
  • Why would this suggest anything like that? Unless you are trying to start some sort of arguement, or fight? Anyway, it was Jesus Himself who said that He was the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Christians just repeat what they have heard their master say about himself. And all other religions, organizations, clubs, groups, schools etc all tell people that they want you to join them, why do some people have SUCH a big problem with this? Or, is this just another rant against christians that seem to be popping up everywhere?
  • Yes we have the right to say all other religions are false,cause our Lord did.Jesus said in John 14:6,I am the the way the truth and the life,no man cometh unto the Father but by ME.Christ alone is the only way to the Father.
  • Good question. Correct: the statement that "Jesus is the only way" does put us at odds with other religions. We hold that the statement is true based on the resurrection of Christ Jesus proving that He is the Son of God about whom the OT prophets and the Scriptures spoke. There are historical evidences that validate the accounts described in the Bible. So, yes, we are making a definitive truth assertion that Jesus Christ is the only way. There is one God who created us all. He has chosen to reveal Himself through Scripture, creation, conscience, and ultimately through Christ Jesus. As He has set creation into order, He determined the natural, physical, and moral laws by which we are to live. When Christians communicate the truths of the Bible, yes, we are affronting contrary beliefs in other religious books. We hold that the Bible is God's communication to mankind and that other holy books are not inspired and are thus, completely, the ideas of men. Other holy books do not have the historical, archaeological, and scientific accuracy of the Bible. Jesus, a validated historical figure, is whom the Bible stated that He is. Other religions do not have the real-world, historical verifiability of Christianity. Other religions may pre-date Christianity, but their truth claims are not always valid and true. In summary, to answer your question, God has established one truth and one way that we may know Him, be reconciled to Him from the estrangement that our sin has produced, and approach Him. That one way is Jesus the Christ. We can not afford to be politically correct or inclusive of ideas and religions that vary from the way that God has ordained. The eternal state of unbelievers is too important not to proclaim the truth of Christ. By the love of God, we are to warn people who are convinced of any of the many spiritual falsehoods that they are in error and that Christ is the right way.
  • I live in America, it is the BEST country in the world... Bar None. The liberal Dem's are trying to get a stop to people saying this. You might hurt someones feelings. Someone from a lesser valued country. See option 2 @ bottom... I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, by this, he is God the spirit manifested as Jesus the Flesh. I believe through Jesus, you can have salvation. Without Jesus, you are lost. If you do not know Jesus Christ, (you have not been the given the opportunity to either accept Christ or deny Christ) you will be judged on your heart. God will not punish you for not doing and/or worshiping something (God) if you have no idea he exists. Having said this.... Jesus is the only way for salvation, PERIOD. If you have a problem with this, you have two options. 1) Investigate Christianity. Verify Jesus as a person and go forward. Researching the miracles he performed. Look at the historical documents that the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians (not reformed Egyptians) wrote. Compare their logical and/or legal documentation to the Dead Sea Scrolls. You will come to the realization that Christ was who he said he was. The Word made flesh. 2) This option is a bit harder to swallow. GET OVER IT.
  • Jesus said , " I AM the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE , and no man comes to the Father except through ME"...so, yeah, i'd say they have a RIGHT.... I think that was pretty much what Jesus, Yeshua ,was SAYING..:)