• yes plus you shouldn't have any unfinished court hearings.
  • Yes,you do now. A few years ago all you needed was your driver's licence or some form of photo ID, but that is no longer the case.
  • Absolutely yes.
  • Land/Sea Travel Beginning January 31, 2008, the United States will end the practice of accepting oral declarations of citizenship at the border. U.S. citizens ages 19 and older must present documentation that proves both identity and citizenship. Identification documents must include a photo, name and date of birth. View the complete list of acceptable documents at Children ages 18 and under will only be required to present proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate.
  • Offhand I'd say yuppidy!
  • i am afraid that you need it now because it was possible a few years back you only required your identity card.
  • New Brunswick does not border New York, so it is impossible to drive across the border between New Brunswick and New York. You will need a passport to cross the border from Canada to the USA, though, unless you are a US citizen with another form of government-verified and trusted ID, such as an enhanced driver's license or Nexus card.
    • mushroom
      Several years ago, I drove to Canada. On the way back, the US border agent asked the most perfunctory questions and never asked for ID. To compare that, a number of years back I was grilled at a Canadian airport for having no other ID than a driver's license. On the way back to the US … nothing, but that was before 9/11.
  • When I got my US passport renewed recently they offered also a passcard that was accepted for Canada, Mexico and some port landings. I used only this with no problem. Don't know if Canada offers this
  • I should imagine so, and the word is "border" and not "boarder".

Copyright 2020, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy