• Hud is exclusively for people who wouldn't help themselves in a million years. Comparing the two shows your true colors.
      That's a flat out lie! And I didn't compare them. This is part of Trump's budget plan. So whose colors are being shown here? YOURS, PERHAPS???
  • Sounds good to me. Perhaps Hud will get off their butt and start moving the homes they have that are setting empty. Additionally protecting those empty houses from squatters as well. I'll bet Hud could save a lot more than 15% by changing the way they handle their business. Of course I've only see one side of the story. there is always more.
      Can you provide a link? I wasn't aware HUD had houses sitting empty. I guess it depends on where you are. The homeless shelter I was in rents apartments for us and we sub lease from them and HUD compensates the Homeless shelter for the difference between the going rate and our actual rent determined by our income.
    • bostjan64
      A big part of the HUD program is getting vacant homes into the hands of low-income potential homeowners. I think it's fair to assume that, if there were no empty HUD homes, programs like REO would not exist (see: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/reo )
      Cool! Thanks!