ANSWERS: 3
  • Further information - say, for the sake of argument, that your discovery really works, but there are a lot of nuances that you expect will confuse people, so you know you could demonstrate it, but people would likely not have the patience to listen to you explain how it works beforehand and would likely think you were using tricks or fakery after seeing it first hand. Furthermore, let's say that there is a 95% chance that everyone would dismiss you as a kook, a 4% chance that people would believe you and it would change the world in a very positive way, and that there is a 1% chance that some very evil people would be the only ones to believe you and then your discovery would be used only for evil.
    • mushroom
      This is a bit too abstract. Sure, I'd take the 1% risk and be called a nut knowing what I was able to accomplish. Look at Nicolai Tesla; we have so much to thank for his inventions, but he really was the image of a "mad scientist" and died broke.
    • bostjan64
      Hmm, the Tesla example is interesting. Tesla's inventions early in his life did indeed shape the world as we know it. But, later in life, no one took him seriously. He invented a death ray and demonstrated it for the military, but, because he had become so eccentric later in life, the government wrote him off as a quack. It wasn't until the 1980's before anyone finally took the time to understand how the death ray worked. But, anyway, this was a guy who had made a name for himself at a young age, but then his discoveries went over everyone else's heads, so then he was forgotten by contemporary popular culture.
  • Kinda like saying that the Earth is not the center of the universe. Or that the Earth is not flat.
  • I'd present it. People already know I'm nuts. But there's a 98% chance no one's gonna read all that bla bla bla.

Copyright 2018, Wired Ivy, LLC

Answerbag | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy