• A man's eyes spot his sexual prey from afar, which sends a signal to his superior brain, that in turn sends a signal to his groin, which instructs his penis to fill with blood, stand to attention and seek out female sex holes to perform copulation and an integral desire to keep the human species alive. In conclusion, as a result of natural selection, men are programmed to deliver their sperm to as many receptive females as physically possible. It ain't cheating, it's playing to the rules.
      I guess that's how it works if you're an animal.
  • It's a biological imperative. Johnny Appleseed and all. Can we be blamed for not being an ideal that was imagined, rather than what we are? And what about how a woman SAYS she wants a sensitive good guy, when really what turns her on deepest is "a bad boy"? One that cant be tamed, one that she cant stop herself from wanting, though she knows he will hurt her? ... I propose we humans are not so much about free will, as we are driven by our animal nature, inborn imperatives, and then we just do a lot of rationalizing with our brain, which is beside the point. (In fact, evolution suggests our species developed a way larger brain than was actually necessary (to manage survival), at some point, all of a sudden. It may have been quite accidental, and we're supposed to be much more stupid than we are! NOT the "pinnacle" of evolving at all. Just a monkey, developed to meet its environmental needs. ...And what I'm told it was that we needed to get an edge was the ability, mentally, to ANTICIPATE THE FUTURE. .........The archeology suggests the first thing we did was start burying hollowed out eggs we had filled with food stuffs we wanted preserved to be able to survive through rainless periods when no food would be available. Without a mental capacity to anticipate future needs, we would not have been able to know to do this. And so our brain size leaped.... And this - which was a new feature in a monkey brain - is what drove us to make heated indoors and stored food and designer clothes and condoms. (and beer. Geez, I almost forgot the beer! *looks around quick, worried nature will figure out he's unfit!*
  • I agree it is programmed into their DNA for the propagation of the species, however, I believe humans are often able to exercise enough self control to enable themselves to bridle their passions in order to allow for a deeper and more fulfilling experience. Then again some just want to plough through another piece of fruit before its two day expiration date. To each their own, right? Either way you should always be honest up front to avoid hurting someone. And don't jump in too fast. Give yourself enough time to get to know someone before you fall.
  • Men are not cheaters by nature. Nor are Women. Role models may play a big part in what a woman or man does after the romantic phase. Perhaps we as humans do not fit the monogamous role. Animal instinct as beaker presents may over-ride the social morays.
      I still have hope. I've been blessed to see many great examples of fulfilling lifelong pairings. They make me smile!
  • Just as much as women are.
  • In my case only until I took the 'I do' vow!
  • Human males are no different from all other animals. The Lord God gave men the desire and need to procreate. In all species males round up and mate with as many females as they can when in season or the rut. Human man is no different. For many centuries men mated with women randomly. Even into the "Bible" days men had many wives, concubines and slaves with whom they mated. Somewhere along the line the church decided men should have only one wife, actually against the Word of the Bible. The Lord God never condemned men from having more than one wife or woman; He even told King David if he wanted more wives all he needed was to ask. Today women think they own the control of a man's penis. They call it cheating when in actuality men are just doing what is natural. Women need to get over themselves and allow men to do what is natural. As far as that goes, men need to get over themselves as well. The Lord God gave us sex for pleasure and enjoyment with many different partners over our live time without shame or guilt. All people need to learn the truth of sex in a relationship.
      God created one woman for Adam. I think He knew most men can't handle more than one woman's PMS at a time.
      And I feel as long as you're honest and upfront with a woman about your sexual views and she's willing to accept you under those conditions then she deserves what she gets. If on the other hand you tell her she's your one and only and you go screw around with everybody else then you're a cheater. I don't think either of my husband's ever cheated on me. Personally, right now I don't even want one man
      I just noticed I made a misstatement in my answer. It was the Romans who decreed that a man could have only one wife. He could however own as many slave females and have sex with them. Because the Hebrews were under Roman law they had to comply. The church picked up on this and promoted one wife for men.
      OH Linda, Nowhere in the Bible does it say God made one woman for one man. Man said this not the Lord God...unless you twist the verse.
  • not all of them are like that
      I agree
  • 1-29-2008 Who are you quoting?
      Another maxed out question.
  • Disagree I for one would never cheat. Then again not everyone is like the fox
      You got that right! It's good to know there are still loyal men left in this world.
  • Just what I didn't need to hear this fine evening.
      Don't worry not all of them are.
  • not all of them
  • No, not all of them.
  • Very feminist and hateful question.