by RosieGHM Jetpacker on March 7th, 2013

RosieGHM Jetpacker

Question

Help answer this question below.

You want the best person for the job. Gender/ ethnicity/religion/age matter not. Even if the other candidate is best? Even then?

• Like
  • Report

Answers

Answers. 6 helpful answers below.

• You want the best person for the job.

Even if the other candidate is best?

What are you asking here?

You want the best person for the job. Gender/ ethnicity/religion/age matter not.
    No, they do not matter. I want the person who can do the job faster with higher quality standards and less oversight.

Even if the other candidate is best?
    Than that is the candidate I was referring to in the above comment. I want the person who can do the job faster with higher quality standards and less oversight.

Even if the other candidate is best? = You want the best person for the job. Gender/ ethnicity/religion/age matter not.

These are mutually exclusive.

Sorry Rosie, this is an epic fail on your part, to attempt to bring hatred into an every day process of life. You really need to let it go. Stop being a racist and stop hating.

No comments. Post one | Permalink

• by Shelley on March 10th, 2013

Shelley

We can make the workplace look like America all day long, but that doesn't mean that anything is being accomplished there.I believe in merit, ability,skills, talents and experience as the catalyst for getting things done.

No comments. Post one | Permalink

• by ÁrcticoLeLoup (Deuxième) on March 7th, 2013

ÁrcticoLeLoup (Deuxième)

No, I don't see people in those terms - if a Hermaphrodite, Martian National, Pastafarian or 87-year-old does the job well, then that is what should matter...not the other stuff.

No comments. Post one | Permalink

• by Im Alec on March 7th, 2013

Im Alec

Gender, ethnicity etc. matter not at all, I agree. But there is always a tension between the capabilities for the job and the policies they will espouse. If the best candidate has the best policies, no problem. But if a capable, honest, likeable person is set on dismantling what you consider essential services, while the person committed to maintaining those services is lazy, venial and a sleazeball, what do you do? You have to weigh things up and might choose the best policies not the best person.

No comments. Post one | Permalink

• by Barcaluv on March 7th, 2013

Barcaluv

Your Q. doesn't make much sense.
    You already stated a scenario in which I want the best and those factors shouldn't matter.

No comments. Post one | Permalink

• by elizabeth on March 7th, 2013

elizabeth

If you truly want the best person, then yes as to the other candidate. The other could only be the best if his position/platform isd acceptable to you.

No comments. Post one | Permalink

Want to attach an image to your answer? Click here.

Did this answer your question? If not, then ask a new question or create a poll.

More Questions. Additional questions in this category.